H e's threatening to come back. Akashh

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
H e's threatening to come back. Akashh Deep Saigal who was bumped off in style on Ekta Kapoor's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhie Bahu Thi (she had reportedly spent a bomb on his 'entry' and 'exit' scenes) is reportedly coming back on the show as part of its next generation leap.

While Saigal maintains that it's too early to talk about his character considering he's not yet had a formal meeting with Kapoor, what he confir ms is "if everything falls in place and my dates are worked out, I'd definitely be part of the next gen-leap. I can never say 'no' to Ekta, can I?" While it isn't new for Balaji actors to claim complete loyalty to their mentor Saigal has reasons for his. "I had done a couple of films and modelling before I was cast as Ansh Gujral. But my stint in Kyunki... changed everything. Suddenly, I was a known name. The show undeniably has given me a lot of name, fame and money. Ekta also launched me in the show with a lot of care and my 'death' scene is still talked about."

In his trademark, auburn tresses minus the blue lens "which was Ekta's contribution to my character of Ansh", the actor says though he did Kkusum and Time Bomb "I am still remembered for my bad guy in Kyunki..." While he waits for things to materialise on the show front, the actor has gone ahead and started shooting for his debut directorial venture, which he's written too. "In fact I am associated with my film in almost all the departments as being my first film I can't afford to hire big names and since I know I can do it, I'm doing it," he says with a lopsided smile.

Lotus Dreams, he says, has three stories coming to an end with kids forming an important part of the film. "The film is 75 per cent complete and the idea behind this film is that when you dream something, it always comes with some responsibilities. It will be entertaining and educating. There are some things, which can't be told straight. They have to be turned around."

Saigal says he's taken up direction "not because I want to be famous, but because direction means looking at the larger picture. It's stressful but it's addictive as well." His film features lesser-known TV and film names. Why isn't he acting in it? "May be I'd make an Alfred Hitchcockesque appearance."

Till the film releases, couch potatoes could wait with bated breath to see Ansh Gujral rise from the ashes, albeit in a different avatar.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whimsical_soul thumbnail
thanks for sharing ronitfan
i wish things dont work out though!
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Heheh..that is wholely and solely upto Ekta yaar...
Waise I wont mind him coming back, he's better than all the names that Ekta proposed for the gen-X like Amit Tandon etc..

Akaashh rocks yaar!:)
Singh23 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
tfs, i hope he does come back to play his son
STUD_99 thumbnail
TFs.. Aakash 2 me doesnt looks rockin... But i agree wid u sukhi dat he iz better den duh other proposed namez plus hiiz entry wud be a boost 2 duh show..........
x-faiza-x thumbnail
ahhhhhhhh omg nooooo i cant wait it was sooo fun wid him 😉
ronit_akash thumbnail
thanks sukhi....his entry will boost up TRP....
sanjana22sanju thumbnail
Thanks for sharing...... 👏
~nikki~ thumbnail
i hope he will be a nice guy in this generation.
Dola87 thumbnail
tfs....but he is coming back..i rmrb i read somwhere that ekta has so far signed akash and amit for the laep...so yeh we get to c him in a week 😃