Posted: 12 years ago
Edited by Surya.Ravi - 12 years ago
yazh. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Surya.Ravi

"I never plan my career", says Rajeev Khandelwal

Sunday, 25 December, 2011

Rajeev Khandelwal has been one of the most experimental actors in Bollywood. When established stars refrain from taking career related risks, Rajeev defies every norm and law that has been blindly followed by the so called superstars. Till date he hasn't done any conventional or a commercial film regardless of the fact that there never has been a dearth of such offers for him. He has worked with quite lot of new directors and has been successful in his own way.

He quoted that he has no qualms in working with newcomers as he knows that a few years done the line he will get benefitted from the film, "I have worked with people who had been running around with their scripts for four to five years, wanting to make a film. I work with new directors because I know I will benefit from their passion. I am not vary or nervous about it at all," he says. He also said that he hasn't ever thought of planning his career or building his image, "I have never thought about what kind of an image I want to build. I really don't know what kind of films or TV shows I would do in future. My choice of work is never a conscious decision" he said.

http://fridaymoviez.com/bollywood/news/i-never-plan-my-career-says-rajeev-khandelwal/27461

2011, Year of debutant directors

Bejoy Nambiar with SHAITAN: Known for his critically acclaimed short films, RAHU AND REFLECTIONS, Bejoy Nambiar embarked his journey into filmmaking with SHAITAN and received rave reviews.

Neerav Ghosh with SOUNDTRACK:Neerav Ghosh's directorial debut SOUNDTRACK may not have done wonders at ticket window but it garnered some wonderful reviews. Neerav was highly appreciated for his sound work.

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

TV Talk

Fighting for the truth

Sach Ka Saamna is back on the new channel, Life OK, and the theme for the second season is Bhrastachaar ke khilaaf.  The show echoes the current resurgent mood of the public and the nation.

Recently, the makers of the show initiated an engagement programme with the students of Mithibai College, Mumbai, in an endeavour which had the students coming forward and taking a pledge to root out corruption via a special signature campaign.  Also present on the occasion were Ajit Thakur, general manager, Life OK; show host, Rajeev Khandelwal and singer, Kailash Kher.

A street play, a debate and Kailash Kher's soulful rendition of the title track of Sach Ka Saamna were some the key attractions of this event. Said Ajit Thakur, "Each one of us can bring about change and we strongly believe Sach Ka Saamna will take a lead in this.?The unique signature campaign across the campuses is an honest attempt from our end to connect to the youth of our country and make them aware that they need to lead the change and be the agents of it."

Rajeev Khandelwal, the charismatic host who made a lasting impression on viewers during the first season of the show said, "There is a burning need among the young and the old alike for accountability at all levels and a corruption-free future. Sach Ka Saamna will show our esteemed viewers the unfortunate, ground reality of deep-rooted corruption in our country."

This initiative started in Delhi followed by a road show in Aligarh and finally concluded in Mumbai.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/214276/tv-talk.html

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Black not beautiful
SATURDAY, 24 DECEMBER 2011 19:22 PIONEER

By Subramanian Swamy : President of the Janata Party, the writer has been a vocal anti-corruption campaigner

Corruption in India is a major concern because of the mind boggling amounts of money illegally appropriated in the Satyam, IPL, CWG and 2G Spectrum scams. India today has one of the most corrupt governance. The unanimous worldwide view is that corruption is no more the tolerable grease or speed money in any system, but a cancer that will cause death of a society unless cured early.

Although ancient India had won the admiration of visiting monks, historians and traders as a nation of honest citizens, we have lost that reputation. Global watchdog, Transparency International Index of Corruption, shames us in India's rankings. Our citizens' illegal bank deposits in tax havens abroad are the highest for citizens of any nation — as high as $1.5 trillion. Though India is a signatory to the UN Convention Against Corrupt, it is yet to ratify it. The Convention came into force on December 14, 2005 when 38 nations ratified it. Its asset recovery provision is appealing. Yet, India is yet to sign.

Corruption misallocates resources from the meritorious to the unworthy, most transactions then lead to sub-optimally produced sub-standard goods and services, which would not otherwise have been sold in the open market without law enforcement retribution. The bitter truth is that our corporate world's success stories are founded on fudged accounts and undisclosed funding through black money held by corrupt politicians and criminals. Since merit today is regarded inferior to acquisition of power, the immoral, criminal, powerful and illegitimately rich achieve social respectability because of this short-cut to wealth. Since elections lead to political power of those with illegal funds, future Governments naturally become bribe-compliant and protect the crooked. The cure for corruption is manifold but the goal cannot be achieved unless there is accountability in governance. Such accountability requires transparent and ethical reporting of the finances of an organisation. I highlight 11 ways:

1 Black money unreported money, neither taxed nor spent openly. Thus, the rich pay minimal taxes relative to their legal dues either due to clever chartered accountants, or by tax avoidance through the agricultural sector which has zero income tax. I advocate a three-year period of zero income tax for all for the first three years of a newly elected Government.

2 Since the corrupt indulge in gross luxurious consumption and bribery, it raises the profitability of non-essential luxury industry. This essentially crowds out investment in other, more essential, industries. In India, the luxury goods sector, directly and indirectly receives 70 per cent of national investment. I advocate that the essential commodities sector receives loans from public sector banks at the international rate of four per cent interest, and be exempted for five years from paying all direct taxes. But, they must pay a flat 25 per cent of the declared profit net of dividend paid.

3 A mathematical analysis based on probability of detection, the cost to the corrupt of such detection, and probability-weighted average with the value of the gain from the corrupt act proves that even if the probability of detection is low, if the cost to the corrupt of detection is some big multiple of the gain from the corrupt act, every rational person would voluntarily choose not to bribe or accept bribe. This is because the expected value of any corrupt transaction then becomes negative. Hence, I advocate focusing on individual cases and making an example out of them to society as I have tried to do through courts with A Raja and P Chidambaram (and later with Sonia Gandhi) and confiscate all their properties post conviction, for effectively fighting corruption.

4 Cronyism and corruption have brought Budgets on verge of bankruptcy. This, too, needs fixing. Based on the ICAI's Concept Paper on Convergence with IFRS in India, I advocate the adoption of the International Standards of Financial Reporting and Disclosure Standards for FDI flows into India.

5 Though the SEBI has made compliance for listed companies in Corporate Governance Guidelines mandatory from January 1, 2006, about one-fourth (i.e. 1,213) listed companies have not complied for the period ending March 31, 2010. Yet, there has been no action by SEBI, which can de-list these companies on the Stock Exchange.

6 One of the most scandalous frauds on the financial system of India is the derivative called the Participatory Note (PN). According to a conservative estimate, there are over Rs 3,50,000 crore worth of PNs issued abroad which are being actively traded in India, fuelling about 55 per cent of all foreign investments in Indian stock markets. The PNs have no requirement to comply with even the SEBI disclosure rules, to enable laundering. I advocate that all PNs be abolished and SEBI directed to publish names of the secret owners of these PNs.

7 In 2002, India and Mauritius extended the controversial Indo-Mauritius Double Taxation Avoidance Treaty (DTAT) laying down that no resident of Mauritius would be taxed in India on capital gains arising out of sale of securities in India. After DTAT was signed, the Government of Mauritius abolished capital gains tax in their country. Mauritius has, thus, emerged as the largest foreign investor in India since PNs have been routed through that small island nation, and the windfall earned in the stock market exempt from tax. The tax losses to India as a result of DTAT are estimated at Rs 1,00,000 crore to date. I advocate abolition of DTAT.

8 In his address to the 43rd Munich Conference on Security Policy on February 11, 2007, National Security Advisor MK Narayanan listed out ways and means of terror funding in India. He admitted: "Instances of terrorist outfits manipulating stock markets to raise funds for their operations have been reported. Stock exchanges in Mumbai and Chennai have, on occasion, reported that fictitious or notional companies were engaging in stock market operations. Some of these companies were traced to terror outfits". This is a shocking admission. I advocate death penalty for any stock broker facilitating such a sale of stocks.

9 To bring back all the black money deposited in banks abroad, I advocate that the next Union Government issue an ordinance declaring that all foreign accounts held by Indian nationals abroad are nationalised. If any such holder proves that the account was opened legally and operated with legitimate deposits and withdrawals, then it will be restored. This, under the new UN laws, is permissible as confirmed to me by Fali Nariman. The amount recovered will cover all tax abolitions I have advocated.

10 I advocate that CBI be re-constituted under a Special Act and all foreign exchange transaction offenses under PMLA be made criminal and transferred to CBI.

11 As corruption stems from greed, I advocate that the next Government adopt Integral Humanism as propounded by Deendayal Upadhyaya who said that a society is healthy only if there is a harmonisation of material pursuits and spiritual advancement. In a nutshell, that is through renaissance of sanatan dharma.

Corruption is rooted deep in us, only the level varies from person to person. If a person has Rs 5,000 crore, he does a scam of Rs 1,000 crore. If a person has Rs 1 lakh, he does a scam of Rs 5 lakh. So, instead of pointing fingers at others, we should try to improve ourself. I never break traffic rules so that I can avoid corrupt cops. People are now aware of corruption in India. It's time for all of us to join hands and fight it —— Rajeev Khandelwal : Host of TV show Sach Ka Saamna: Bhrashtachaar Ke Khilaaf

http://www.dailypioneer.com/sunday-edition/agenda/cover-story/30228-black-not-beautiful.html

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
RAJEEV KHANDELWAL
It has been over a few years since Rajeev Khandelwal bid adieu to the small screen to make it big in the world of films. Today, with films like Aamir, Shaitan and Soundtrack to his credit, the actor has certainly made a mark thanks to his critically acclaimed performances. The actor may have found his true calling in movies but there's no denying that it was TV that gave his talent a much-needed platform.

"Out-of-job Politicians Panned Sacch Ka Saamna Only To Grab Eyeballs"

Rajeev Khandelwal Defends The Controversial Reality Show

It has been over a few years since Rajeev Khandelwal bid adieu to the small screen to make it big in the world of films. Today, with films like Aamir, Shaitan and Soundtrack to his credit, the actor has certainly made a mark thanks to his critically acclaimed performances. The actor may have found his true calling in movies but there's no denying that it was TV that gave his talent a much-needed platform. So when he was chosen as the host for the very controversial reality show Sacch Ka Saamna, he knew it was an opportunity to win the love of his TV audience yet again. Though questionable in content, the show was a massive success and made Rajeev one of the finest hosts on TV. When the makers decided to come back with a second season, Rajeev was an obvious choice. As Rajeev gears up for yet another promising season of the show, he talks to Showtime about playing host for the second time around, the contentious content of the show, supposed friend-turned-foe Ekta Kapoor and more.   

As a reality show, the first season of Sacch Ka Saamna definitely came as a refreshing change for television viewers. But as the show started catching up, it constantly came under the scanner as its format shocked millions across the nation. However, besides receiving constant flak, it also became increasingly popular with every episode. Its controversial questions may have left the viewers astonished, but its TRPs hit the roof. No wonder then that Rajeev is gung-ho about hosting the show the second time around. "I'm very happy. I absolutely love this show and think it's a brilliant concept. We had made up our minds that we will come out with a second season last year itself. And I'm happy that I am on board once again," he says with a smile.

Though the show made many uncomfortable and was considered morally wrong, Rajeev admits that because he was an integral part of the show, the criticism didn't deter him from giving his best shot. "The criticism never bothered me. Some people just targeted it because they thought it was all about cheap publicity. Moreover, I don't think it got any flak. I have not met any individual, who has said anything unsavoury about the show. I travel so much and haven't heard anything wrong about the show. All I have heard is that people don't want to come on it because it's a difficult concept," he justifies.

But what does he have to say about the fact that MP Kamal Akhtar took up the issue in the Rajya Sabha, claiming that the content of the show was against Indian culture? Didn't that make him a bit nervous while taking it up the second time around? "No one has ever told me that it's a horrible show. It's only those out-of-job politicians who would sit in the Parliament and discuss it, just to grab eyeballs. If I, myself, thought it wasn't respectful enough, I wouldn't have ever been a part of it. But I strongly believe it's one of the best shows to have ever hit Indian television," he asserts.  

As an actor, Rajeev may be a part of Bollywood today, but he strongly feels that it is this show that keeps him connected to his television audience. "It's a great feeling to come on TV because I think being on TV is far more difficult than the other mediums. I have a lot of respect for all the actors who work round-the-clock to entertain the viewers. I have seen it myself and know how taxing it is," he adds, "It's not easy working 16-17 hours a day. And then there are pressures of looking good too. It really hurts when people think that TV is the poor cousin of films. Not many actors can withstand the pressures of TV. It goes into the smallest of villages. And to be accepted even in the smallest of towns is a great feeling."

Largely, even today fans remember him as the suave Sujal Garewal from Kahiin To Hoga. Now that he has made his big career move and comfortably settled in B-town, does he consider TV to be his first love?  He disagrees, "No ya, I don't consider films or TV as my first or second love. I am not an attached person by nature. TV sure gave me a lot and it is a great medium, which I chose to start off with. It gave me a lot of experience in terms of facing the camera and all. But for me to say that it was my first love would be wrong. I am very proud to have been a part of it and I'll contribute to TV in whatever way I can even today. But then that applies to films and theatre as well."

After his abrupt exit from Kahiin Toh Hoga, numerous rumours about his fallout with Ekta Kapoor and Balaji Telefilms did the rounds. Apparently, Rajeev hasn't made peace with the TV czarina to date. Ask him the reason for this and he responds rather diplomatically, "I'm not in touch with her. But then again, I'm not in touch with any film directors or producers I have worked with in the past. As and when they need me, we all get in touch with each other."

So is he open to working with her in the future? "I am open to working with anyone who offers me a good script and has good intentions. I don't have any dos and don'ts," he says assuredly.

Be it hosting a popular show or doing meaningful films, Rajeev is certainly keeping his fans happy. Ask him if he's content about the way his life is shaping up and he states philosophically, "I hope that five years down the line, I feel happy about what I've done. My life is not just about my career. It's not just about making a name for myself. All this is merely a part of my life. I want to live life to the fullest. Bringing a smile on my parent's face is important. Giving happiness to my in-laws and my wife is equally important to me." Well, in addition to being talented and hardworking, this guy has his priorities in place too. That certainly is impressive!

*By Chandni Ghosh

-- Super Administrator

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8644&Itemid=224
Sumi_162710 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
In addition to being talented and hardworking, this guy has his priorities in place too. That certainly is impressive!

This line sounds cool...eh? 😉 Thanks for the article Suri Dii...😃
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sumi_162710

In addition to being talented and hardworking, this guy has his priorities in place too. That certainly is impressive!

This line sounds cool...eh? 😉 Thanks for the article Suri Dii...😃

absolutely sumi..this line sound very very cool...& hands down Rajeev & his choices are certainly impressive, there is no denying there..😊
rajeevkiijann thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

RAJEEV KHANDELWAL
It has been over a few years since Rajeev Khandelwal bid adieu to the small screen to make it big in the world of films. Today, with films like Aamir, Shaitan and Soundtrack to his credit, the actor has certainly made a mark thanks to his critically acclaimed performances. The actor may have found his true calling in movies but there's no denying that it was TV that gave his talent a much-needed platform.

"Out-of-job Politicians Panned Sacch Ka Saamna Only To Grab Eyeballs"

Rajeev Khandelwal Defends The Controversial Reality Show

It has been over a few years since Rajeev Khandelwal bid adieu to the small screen to make it big in the world of films. Today, with films like Aamir, Shaitan and Soundtrack to his credit, the actor has certainly made a mark thanks to his critically acclaimed performances. The actor may have found his true calling in movies but there's no denying that it was TV that gave his talent a much-needed platform. So when he was chosen as the host for the very controversial reality show Sacch Ka Saamna, he knew it was an opportunity to win the love of his TV audience yet again. Though questionable in content, the show was a massive success and made Rajeev one of the finest hosts on TV. When the makers decided to come back with a second season, Rajeev was an obvious choice. As Rajeev gears up for yet another promising season of the show, he talks to Showtime about playing host for the second time around, the contentious content of the show, supposed friend-turned-foe Ekta Kapoor and more.   

As a reality show, the first season of Sacch Ka Saamna definitely came as a refreshing change for television viewers. But as the show started catching up, it constantly came under the scanner as its format shocked millions across the nation. However, besides receiving constant flak, it also became increasingly popular with every episode. Its controversial questions may have left the viewers astonished, but its TRPs hit the roof. No wonder then that Rajeev is gung-ho about hosting the show the second time around. "I'm very happy. I absolutely love this show and think it's a brilliant concept. We had made up our minds that we will come out with a second season last year itself. And I'm happy that I am on board once again," he says with a smile.

Though the show made many uncomfortable and was considered morally wrong, Rajeev admits that because he was an integral part of the show, the criticism didn't deter him from giving his best shot. "The criticism never bothered me. Some people just targeted it because they thought it was all about cheap publicity. Moreover, I don't think it got any flak. I have not met any individual, who has said anything unsavoury about the show. I travel so much and haven't heard anything wrong about the show. All I have heard is that people don't want to come on it because it's a difficult concept," he justifies.

But what does he have to say about the fact that MP Kamal Akhtar took up the issue in the Rajya Sabha, claiming that the content of the show was against Indian culture? Didn't that make him a bit nervous while taking it up the second time around? "No one has ever told me that it's a horrible show. It's only those out-of-job politicians who would sit in the Parliament and discuss it, just to grab eyeballs. If I, myself, thought it wasn't respectful enough, I wouldn't have ever been a part of it. But I strongly believe it's one of the best shows to have ever hit Indian television," he asserts.  

As an actor, Rajeev may be a part of Bollywood today, but he strongly feels that it is this show that keeps him connected to his television audience. "It's a great feeling to come on TV because I think being on TV is far more difficult than the other mediums. I have a lot of respect for all the actors who work round-the-clock to entertain the viewers. I have seen it myself and know how taxing it is," he adds, "It's not easy working 16-17 hours a day. And then there are pressures of looking good too. It really hurts when people think that TV is the poor cousin of films. Not many actors can withstand the pressures of TV. It goes into the smallest of villages. And to be accepted even in the smallest of towns is a great feeling."

Largely, even today fans remember him as the suave Sujal Garewal from Kahiin To Hoga. Now that he has made his big career move and comfortably settled in B-town, does he consider TV to be his first love?  He disagrees, "No ya, I don't consider films or TV as my first or second love. I am not an attached person by nature. TV sure gave me a lot and it is a great medium, which I chose to start off with. It gave me a lot of experience in terms of facing the camera and all. But for me to say that it was my first love would be wrong. I am very proud to have been a part of it and I'll contribute to TV in whatever way I can even today. But then that applies to films and theatre as well."

After his abrupt exit from Kahiin Toh Hoga, numerous rumours about his fallout with Ekta Kapoor and Balaji Telefilms did the rounds. Apparently, Rajeev hasn't made peace with the TV czarina to date. Ask him the reason for this and he responds rather diplomatically, "I'm not in touch with her. But then again, I'm not in touch with any film directors or producers I have worked with in the past. As and when they need me, we all get in touch with each other."

So is he open to working with her in the future? "I am open to working with anyone who offers me a good script and has good intentions. I don't have any dos and don'ts," he says assuredly.

Be it hosting a popular show or doing meaningful films, Rajeev is certainly keeping his fans happy. Ask him if he's content about the way his life is shaping up and he states philosophically, "I hope that five years down the line, I feel happy about what I've done. My life is not just about my career. It's not just about making a name for myself. All this is merely a part of my life. I want to live life to the fullest. Bringing a smile on my parent's face is important. Giving happiness to my in-laws and my wife is equally important to me." Well, in addition to being talented and hardworking, this guy has his priorities in place too. That certainly is impressive!

*By Chandni Ghosh

-- Super Administrator

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8644&Itemid=224

hm nice one
rajeevkiijann thumbnail

TV Talk

Fighting for the truth

Sach Ka Saamna is back on the new channel, Life OK, and the theme for the second season is Bhrastachaar ke khilaaf.  The show echoes the current resurgent mood of the public and the nation.

Recently, the makers of the show initiated an engagement programme with the students of Mithibai College, Mumbai, in an endeavour which had the students coming forward and taking a pledge to root out corruption via a special signature campaign.  Also present on the occasion were Ajit Thakur, general manager, Life OK; show host, Rajeev Khandelwal and singer, Kailash Kher.

A street play, a debate and Kailash Kher's soulful rendition of the title track of Sach Ka Saamna were some the key attractions of this event. Said Ajit Thakur, "Each one of us can bring about change and we strongly believe Sach Ka Saamna will take a lead in this.?The unique signature campaign across the campuses is an honest attempt from our end to connect to the youth of our country and make them aware that they need to lead the change and be the agents of it."

Rajeev Khandelwal, the charismatic host who made a lasting impression on viewers during the first season of the show said, "There is a burning need among the young and the old alike for accountability at all levels and a corruption-free future. Sach Ka Saamna will show our esteemed viewers the unfortunate, ground reality of deep-rooted corruption in our country."

This initiative started in Delhi followed by a road show in Aligarh and finally concluded in Mumbai.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/214276/tv-talk.html

thanks 4 article
rajeevkiijann thumbnail
Originally posted by: togepe30

OMG...Did he walk show stopper??
For whom?? Which designer?😳

ismein to bilkul don lag rha hai yar