Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

TOI- I’m not a singer by fluke:Reshammiya (Page 32)

juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bhaskar.T

Originally posted by leoni

Well can anyone update me with latest happening in this thread cause I m not getting any head or tail …..Title of post is of HR but I m reading about Salman Khan………I m totally puzzled guys help…… Confused

Sorry you have to go back many pages to go through HR---Laloo-- Gandhiji-- Nehruji and finally Salman.......

Unless you go through them all you'll remain ignorabt of all the facts Wink

LOL

ramdi Senior Member
ramdi
ramdi

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel1601

Originally posted by ramdi

Originally posted by kabhi_21

Originally posted by guess_gallery

ya, he is not a singer by fluke but by a mistake...

Whichever Way.... thx for agreeing "he is a Singer

I am also singer in the bathroom...LOL

but theres a slight difference:

ur songs dont break music records,right???Wink

because I am no HR...Big smile

ramdi Senior Member
ramdi
ramdi

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angel1601

Originally posted by ramdi

Originally posted by kabhi_21

Originally posted by guess_gallery

ya, he is not a singer by fluke but by a mistake...

Whichever Way.... thx for agreeing "he is a Singer

I am also singer in the bathroom...LOL

but theres a slight difference:

ur songs dont break music records,right???Wink

Every bathroom singer is not as fortunate as HR...LOL

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mohinis

OK, priya , he is on bail, when he will proove guilty , its ok, but the case is going on, so may be , he will proove that he was not drunk or may be court will not punish him , so wait and watch, whether he proved guilty or not?

Mohinis, We are willing to wait and watch.

We were not impatient enough to say that Salman did not kill a man.

Check your facts dear.
kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Originally posted by juggyE

One thing I must say goes to HR's credit. He has managed to get some crazy die hard fan following. Thats really a big achievement and we should give due credit for that to him ClapClap Wink

I dont know if thats quite true...
No offense intended but some of these were probably die hard fans of Anu Malik after the songs from Murder came out and became "superhit".

I still maintain that this new found love of HR (for some) is due to the infatuation for one of his protege's (who I will not name due to obvious reasons)...

Precisely my point. Thanks juggyji.

Infact, I had opened a poll where the results were quite revealing.

Maximum votes went to - 'I like HR because I like Vinit'.

That says a lot.

Okay, first of all, I must say - Angelji, where have you been all this while?Big smile. Arey yaar, we could've had interesting logical arguments for and against our favouritesWinkWinkWink.

Okay, jokes apart, here's a concise review on why we do not like HR - His music and him as a person.

---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------ ---

1) His compositions are okay, nothing great. His recent compositions have been awful from a purely technical point of view. Most of them have been 4-chord, 4-6-8 beat tracks, composed on the computer. That does not, in anyway, show the talent of the composer. He, along with other such people like V-S, AM, Pritam etc are solely responsible for the complete westernisation of the Indian Sound. Why are we calling it Indian music then? What is our identitiy? With a 5000 year old richest tradition of music, why can't these people compose anything Indian, since they're Indians composing for Indian Movies?

(U can also credit him for making successful songs with lesser chords which is a real challenge. He has probably reserved other chords and tracks for the forthcoming movies..... This is optimum utilisation of resources)

2) He has stolen quite a few numbers in his short career. They number more than 15 in his short 6-7 years in the Industry. AM has about 30 stolen tunes to his credit, after being here for 25 years. ID has not a single stolen tune, after being around for much the same as HR.

(U can not have all the original tracks for an Industry with history of 90 years..... All the composers are following the suit..... About ID.... his Nimbuda matter is very famous now on IF)

3) He takes credit for things which are not his. 'Tere Naam' was a total rehash of L-P's old tunes. He accepted credit for it until Bhansali pointed out, very politely - 'aapke gaanon mein L-P' ki jhalak aati hai', to which, HR replied 'sir, unhi ke gaane hain'. Never gave Krishna credit for the alaaps in ABA remix songs.

(He gave credit to L-P and also said that they wr his inspiration. This was becos his father worked a lot with L-P. For the remix he said on the cover Sami's name was not mentioned and it was not his mistake.)

4) He is quite an arrogant fellow regarding his music. He says he has a stock of 1000 tunes ready. Then why does he still copy? Why does he still recycle his older tunes? I'd like to know. I gave a glowing review of Benaras after just one listen. After 2-3 listens, the only original tracks in that seem to be Purab Se and Yeh Hai Banaras Ki Shaam, sung by Pt. Abhyankar, and I don't know how much credit HR should be given for that. All others are rehases of his old tunes, some from the late 80s of N-S and the folk songs are note to note copies.

(Bcos of maximum utilisation of resources he has the thousands of tracks... Even one slight change can be another track suitable for another song)

5) He has dared to make statements like - 'Aajkal Rafi ko kaun sunta hai', 'Yeh gana to south ke SPB aur Yesudas bhi nahin gaa sakte', 'i am probably the first MD to be recognised for singing too'. Well, I think either he's too ignorant, or he's out and out arrogant. Hemantda was a such a respected MD with golden hits like Anupama, Sahib Biwi Aur Ghulam (man, what a classic!), etc to his credit. And he's one of the best singers we've ever had in the industry. ARR is a singer par excellence whose Vande Mataram broke quite a few records. Kishoreda composed beautiful songs and well...what a singer he was! And how can we forget the sweet croonings of Dada Burman in what could be the best picturised and immaculately composed 'Mere Sajan Hai Us Paar'.

(Your first sentence: He said tht he targetted the music to Age 23 and who at 23 hears Rafi.... very few.... he is right

Your second sentence: Why cant be there some songs which cant be sung by SPB.... Lataji cant sing many songs that Ashaji sings.

Your third sentence: It was said after his first song hit the top charts and thereafter all the songs hit as such..... He got Filmfare for the first song he ever sang......Kishorda was first a singer and then a composer.... only thing I can understand is Burman duo.... but they were not awarded with filmfare.... Guess so)

6) He was supposed to be a Guru in SRGMP. A Guru, as per the traditional 'Gharana' system, is supposed to be like a father...equal to all his children. A Guru always corrects a student's mistakes, shows him the right path and never hypes him. HR did everything wrong. He altered songs and tracks to make it easier for Vinit (Aaja aaja, Parda Hai Parda), he hyped him to such an extent that Ujjaini and Paresh were totally neglected. Vinit's gayaki in the stages preceding the Angipariksha was awesome. But later on, it deteriorated, and he became overconfident and arrogant too. Where was the purpose of a Guru served here?

(Rather than hyping... he supported Vinit..... Vinit did not deteriorate.... His Sandese aate hai and Parda hai were very good and these were in the last 5 episodes)

7) His comments with AS regarding Assam. The issue was blown out of proportion. A legal person can interpret those statements as treason, and HR and AS can be booked under Indian Law for treason, technically.

(There was nothing wrong he said.... it was all the facts and we have discussed it before.... it also cant be the reason to desrespect his talent and composer and singer)

I can give more reason, but this much is enough for a general idea.Smile.

Please take this as constructive criticizm and not bashing. This is just my opinion and idea.

Welcome to the thread Abhi........ Tum bhi ab aaye jab mera jaane ka time hain

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Originally posted by leoni

Well can anyone update me with latest happening in this thread cause I m not getting any head or tail …..Title of post is of HR but I m reading about Salman Khan………I m totally puzzled guys help…… Confused

Sorry you have to go back many pages to go through HR---Laloo-- Gandhiji-- Nehruji and finally Salman.......

Unless you go through them all you'll remain ignorabt of all the facts Wink

Hitler bhi cameo entry marke geya tha ekbar

juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Originally posted by soulsoup

5) He has dared to make statements like - 'Aajkal Rafi ko kaun sunta hai

He said that!!!! Ouch

Yes, and thats one of the reasons, Geeta ji (musicpulse) adores HR so much...
LOL
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Originally posted by soulsoup

He is quite an arrogant fellow regarding his music. He says he has a stock of 1000 tunes ready. Then why does he still copy? Why does he still recycle his older tunes? I'd like to know. I gave a glowing review of Benaras after just one listen. After 2-3 listens, the only original tracks in that seem to be Purab Se and Yeh Hai Banaras Ki Shaam, sung by Pt. Abhyankar, and I don't know how much credit HR should be given for that. All others are rehases of his old tunes, some from the late 80s of N-S and the folk songs are note to note copies.

Really!! OMG - I liked the Banaras songs - MAN!! Confused

5) He has dared to make statements like - 'Aajkal Rafi ko kaun sunta hai

He said that!!!! Ouch

Yes anol........ He thinks he is better than even Rafi Sahab....Angry

Go to top