Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angel1601 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: guess_gallery

what was the topic

the topic was hr's interview

but in the last 40 pages we have discussed everything from salman khan to gandhiji to laloo to pandit nehru with hitler doing a very interesting cameo😉😉

so we r now definitely drifting towards the original topic😆

greatmaratha thumbnail
Originally posted by: mohinis

Appra

And HR tere naam is original, not copy, thats why HR gvae so fantastic music of tere naam that it broke all records, till now and even after 10 years, people can;t forget tere naam music,

Sorry could not resist this.

Mohinis, you are a true HR fan are you not.

When was Tere Naam released????  Was it released in 1996

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 18 years ago
kabhi_21 thumbnail
It is the easier to create songs with lesser chords than with more. It doesn't require skill ask any musician.

(But It is not easier to make successful songs with less chords)

Let us not, PLEASE, let us not look into PROBABILITY IN THE FUTURE and restrict ourselves to the present

That was not the point. The point was how many he's stolen in his short career. The ratio of years:stolen tunes. That way, Naushad in his 60-70 years has never stolen a tune. About Nimbooda, it is a folk tune. A folk tune has no one's copyright. Folk tunes are as much yours as they're mine because they're handed down in the community from generations. That's why they're called 'FOLK = of the people'.

(The MDs u are telling came in far earlier. Talk about MDs who entered in 1996 when already the tracks were saturated)

That not my point again. The point is not whether or not he credited LP. THE POINT IS HIS TUNES WERE NOT ORIGINAL. Simple.

(U said "He takes the credit for the things which are not his". I replied to this statement that he gave credit to L-P publicly. He also said in the interview that sami composed the remix and with someone's fault his name was not printed on CD)

Well, where is the creativity there then? If he's an MD, why can't he use each song to be an original? Let's leave out the legends...let's look at the present MDs. Each of IDs, S-E-L's and V-S and AS's songs sound different. Here we are debating HR's competence as a Music Director. Maximum utilisation of resources is an invalid and inconsistant point when we are talking about intellectual property...for example, tunes

(None of the MDs u mentioned have 30 films to release.... so they dont have to worry about repetitions. Look from his point that he has to satisfy all the film makers and still have to give hits.)

No. That statement was made in response to Vishwanath singing a Rafi song, and NOT WRT TO HIS MUSIC BEING TARGETTED AT 23 yr olds. And anyways, he's wrong there too. There are many who might not listen to Rafi, but then, there are a larger group who listen to rafi, in that age group too. Rafi and Lata are two such singers, who're the most loved, most listened to and the most respected.

(The fact today is that most of the yongsters do not listen to old songs. Though they like the songs)

Not the point again. Please stick to the debate. When Hema sang a song, he said...yeh tumne jaise gaya hai, SPB ya Yesudas bhi nahin gaa sakte. That is a direct insult to the talent and skill of Padmashri SPB and Padmashri yesudas, who were winning national awards and doctorates when HR was in his underwear. As to Lata can't sing Asha's songs, let us not get into THAT debate...otherwise you'll make me upload Lata's versions of Asha's songs and mere bandwidth ki waat lagi hai

( U Cant say that the new singer cant sing a specific song better than the established singer. Everyone said his Nahi saamne was very good. The fact is the fact)

Filmfare is not any measure of technical competence. Filmfares have been rigged and lobbied for. Have you ever wondered how could SD miss out a filmfare for Guide, or Madan Mohan for 'Woh Kaun Thi' (remember Lag Ja Gale Se, Naina Barse Rimjhim?) or Naushad for Mughal-E-Azam? Nadeem-Shravan have won 3 filmfare consequently...

(But HR made the statement W.R.T Award so we hv to consider the same

There is a difference between support and hype. What HR did was definitely hype. Regarding, Sandese and Parda, I beg to differ. I have listened to all tracks with a high fidelity headfones,and I could distinctly make out heavy breaths being drawn in each of Vinit's song. We have repeatedly pointed out the fact that this breath control problem has increased during the Agnipariksha stage. Regarding Parda, the last part of the Alaap was changed and flattened to make it easier. Also, Vinit lost the sur quite a lot of times when singing the low notes in both songs. It is imperitive that in a competition, the Guru take note of such slip ups and correct them. No corrections were done, only hype.

( Then y other mentors gave 10/10. They cd have given 8 or 9.... U try to say tht u hv better knowledge than them???)

No. There is something very much wrong in their stand against Assam. And the NE.

1) The votes were from the East Zone which has TWELVE STATES, not just Assam.

2) Regional voting has always been prevalent. Why bring it up then?

3) Support of the lady who said - This is not Assam's voice, this is India's voice. Meaning Assam is not a part of India. That is slander against the national integirty of the country and is legally an offence under the IPC and liable to be booked for Treason.

( It all started with ID having walked out.... He wasnt fare in getting sympathy votes for debo.... and others had to defends their contestants against this sympathy votes)
SHUBHAMSG thumbnail
TERE NAAM released in 1996 ???? 🤢 Who , in heaven's name , sid THAT ????
He/She must be CRAZY .
kabhi_21 thumbnail
Abhi....
I hv written my reply.... I m leaving.... wl turn out tommorrow to see urs
greatmaratha thumbnail
Originally posted by: SHUBHAMSG

He/She must be CRAZY .

Mohinis wrote that Tere Naam songs are popular even 10 years after it was released.

roy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=241609

ur comment pls.

himesh fact file the truth is revealed. 😲
SHUBHAMSG thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

Actually, there are a lot things which determine a song's success.

Mainly, leaving the musical factors, it is the picturisation. I am certainly not complaining about the picturisation of ABA....Tanushree was extremely delectable. 😉

Yeah . That scene really was dreamy . Cant get TANUSHREE'S image out of my mind  . 😉😉

X-rebel thumbnail
Originally posted by: soulsoup

I am not a singer by fluke: Reshammiya

MUMBAI: His newfound fame and success as a singer has earned music director Himesh Reshammiya several enemies in the industry. Even colleague Anu Malik is now criticizing him.

Malik, who refused to share the credit with him after he recorded a number for T-series' latest production 'Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye', said he wouldn't allow anyone to invade his terrain unethically. Reshammiya says he was shocked after reading Malik's outburst, reports Bollywood Trade.

"It came as a big surprise, since I had sought a 'no objection' from Malik before recording the song for the film. It was only after the producer, Bhushan Kumar, got it in the writing that I recorded the song," said Reshammiya, adding he has been cautious about ethics throughout his career.

"I have always made sure that I do not intrude anyone's territory despite the several offers I keep getting. On the contrary, I had to share the credits with other music directors in 'Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya' and 'Hello Brother'."

In another instance, singer Sonu Nigam expressed his reservations about Reshammiya sweeping away the awards for best singer this year, but the latter dismissed it with a smile.

He said: "I respect Sonu for his great singing prowess and I'd be happy if he walks away with all the awards for the best singer. I can't help it if the audiences make my songs a hit or the juries unanimously vote me as the best singer."

Reshammiya, who won the Filmfare award for the title track of 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne', is unperturbed by the critical backlash by his colleagues and says the industry has been largely kind to him.

"I am neither hurt nor disturbed by the occasional backbiting and criticism from my colleagues. By and large, the music industry has been very supportive. It is just that some people are surprised with the fact that a music director, who is also a singer, has walked away with all the awards for singing.

"Probably for the first time in the music industry, a music director has been honoured for singing but I am not a singer by fluke. Before I got the desired effect in my voice, I trained in classical music under my father for several years.

"Of the many songs I have recorded so far, whether it is for my album, 'Aap Ka Suroor' or films, there is not a single song that hasn't topped the charts. 'Aksar' is my 28th album and the response has been phenomenal."

Meanwhile, he continues with his record-breaking spree at the music charts. After 'Aksar', he is now upbeat about the new track in director Deepak Tijori's 'Tom Dick and Harry' that has become the latest sensation.

Commenting upon Reshammiya's popularity as a singer Tijori said: "He is the biggest craze and whatever he records invariably makes it to the charts. He has got this amazing sense of music."

HR is a good MD.

But he IS A SINGER BY FLUKE.

Edited by amogh8188 - 18 years ago
X-rebel thumbnail

Originally posted by: SHUBHAMSG

He/She must be CRAZY .

😆   crazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee