Kausautii Apo*na Ke Naam Ki

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Kasautii Apo*na ke naam ki
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 27, 2006

Geetanjali Tikekar
Telly actress Geetanjali Tikekar, who essays Apo*na Basu in the Star Plus daily Kasautii Zindagii Kay, was surprised to find her name omitted when the nominations for the Fav Saut awards were being announced.

Tikekar was among the nominees in this category of the Star Parivaar Awards along with Rakshanda Khan (Tanya of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi), Surveen Chawla (Charu of Kahiin To Hoga), Nandini Singh (Pammi of Kavyanjali) and Adita Wahi (Shefali of Saarrthi).

The awards were held last week at the Jamshed Bhaba auditorium in the city with Pammi emerging as the winner.

Taken aback

As Tikekar was on the nominees list, she had made it a point to attend the awards gala. "I was taken aback," she admits.

"The nominees were being announced in a song-and-dance way through their particular mannerisms. Though all the other character names were blended into the song, Apo*na's was omitted β€” maybe, because Apo*na's mannerisms couldn't fit in, I guess," says Tikekar.

It is learnt that after the event, Tikekar informed the Kasautii production team about her character name being missed out. "They told me that when the show is telecast on Star Plus this weekend, the name will be there. So
I will have to wait and watch."

No need for Apo*na

Incidentally, Tikekar has not been shooting for Kasautii since the past few weeks as this Balaji soap's track is focussing on Mukti's (Tina Parakh) rape sequence. "There is no need for Apo*na at the moment," she says.

Incidentally, Tikekar's negative character Apo*na had made a comeback in Kasautii last year before the entry of Prem (Manoj Bohra) in the show. "I served as a catalyst for his entry," she says.

In October 2004, Tikekar had opted out of the daily when the show was taking a generation leap. "The producers told me that if I was not too comfortable playing they could bump me off to which I had agreed."

Besides Kasautii, Geetanjali has no other soap assignments on hand. "I recently returned from Thailand where I shot for an episode of Saas Bahu Aur Saazish (Star News) for their travel segment focusing on Bangkok and Pattaya."

Tikekar, who made her debut in Kahin To Milenge, was also seen in Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeequat at the same time.

"I have been watching Shweta Tiwari (Prerna of Kasautii) on stage doing her rehearsals for her forthcoming Hindi play Sharaarat and I am wondering will I ever be able to do theatre. I suffer from great stage fright!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vishucool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yeah even i was surprised!she deserved to win! 😭 anyways thanks for sharing!
rickwean thumbnail
Tnx for the news, I feel bad for her..but why is she a fav saut and is it of prerna or sam? prerna's bajaj's wife rightπŸ˜•and sampada is anubaba's gf not wife ?? and aparna's still married to anurag right?

phew bizarre...this weird star parivar award man!!
WoHaXItZxAaKi thumbnail
thanks! i soo feel sad for her! and btw it waz kinda funny in da end where she waz lyk i will have to tolerate some stage fights! πŸ˜†
WoHaXItZxAaKi thumbnail
hamzy bhaiya ur siggy rox! 😊
Saleha_20 thumbnail
I feel bad for her but anyways thanks for sharing
Saleha_20 thumbnail
I feel bad for her but wat can we do its her luck anyways thanks for sharing
amzi_uk thumbnail
Hamzy, Emma W looks so hawt in your siggy 😳