Reshammiya brings rival finalists togethe

ranig thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Reshammiya brings rival finalists together

Abhijeet, Himani and Vinit performed at a concert in Dubai

Subhash K Jha

Himesh Reshammiya

Left to right: Vinit, Himani and Abhijeet Sawant

At his first international concert held in Dubai on March 23, Himesh Reshammiya got Indian Idol winner Abhijeet Sawant and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa finalists Vinit and Himani to   join him for a rendition of 'Just chill'. "I guess it was an evening of many firsts," says Reshammiya. "It was my first concert abroad and there were 8,000 people clapping, cheering and dancing as I performed for an hour and fifteen minutes. We also brought Emran Hashmi's birthday in right on stage with a huge birthday cake. It was all a part of a live act which will remain etched in my mind."

The other highlights included Vinit and Himani's renderings of Reshammiya's numbers.

Himesh returns to Mumbai later this week. "For those who have been complaining that my sufiana singing is getting repetitive, here's some news. I'm changing my style entirely for Vipul Shah's Namaste, London. It's a love story and I'll be doing melodies that have an old-world quality to it. But they must also represent a sound that's 'now' and contemporary! It's a sound that listeners haven't heard before."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;am p;articleid=32620062148117343262006214754265

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ranig thumbnail
Thank god, he is moving from the Sufi sound. Repetition is the worst thing for a composer. Even if it becomes a hit.

Shah RUkh Khan also get's blamed for being repetitive even though his movies are mega hits.

Repetition is the worst thing for any talented artist.
Celina7 thumbnail
thanx ranig...i dont like repetition but i dont see ne repetition in his work...i mean sum ppl might think so...but itz his style so duh it has 2 b similar u kno....but thanx!
Celina7 thumbnail
i love da picz...thanx...LETZ ROCK!
teenindia_usa thumbnail
nice article appreciate will post in musiccorner thanks.
Celina7 thumbnail
i have read this article angie...i'll post it there dont worry...
ranig thumbnail
Celina7, I like Hr a lot. I was just saying he should move away from repetition for his own good. He is getting critisism for that and I don't want him to.

Because I have enjoyed his other works and I believe he is really good , I don't want people to pt fingers at him for that.

Celina7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ranig

Celina7, I like Hr a lot. I was just saying he should move away from repetition for his own good. He is getting critisism for that and I don't want him to.

Because I have enjoyed his other works and I believe he is really good , I don't want people to pt fingers at him for that.

yea i kno ranig ji...thanx, but im just sayin...i said dat just in case ppl take dat comment in a wrong way.  I dont kno y ppl r against him, n how will he get away from his style...i love HR 4 his workz, style u kno wht i mean...so if he getz away from dat ppl who like him might not like him nemore....n btw u can just call me Celina...😃

Celina7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: qazi's

hey if anyones heard the song from banaras called "kitna pyar" HImesh sounds soo GOOD! Not nasal at all but u can tell its him, the song is amazing, check it out guys and girls!!

o yea i kno...itz really good....well i LOVE all his workz but this song is really cute, melodious n romantic...😳thanx qazi..