Harry Potter
Harry Potter

India-Forums

Harry...Heir of Gryffindor?

PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 3:45pm | IP Logged

Do you guys think it's possible for Harry to be the Heir of Godric Gryffindor? There's lots of clues leading up to this.

-Harry and Voldemort's wands are both 'connected'. Voldemort is the Heir of Slytherin, so Harry might be the Heir of Gryffindor.

-July 31st(Harry's birthday) is under the star sign Leo(the lion), which is also the Gryffindor mascot.

-It's mentioned in CoS that the sword Harry pulled out of the hat had a scarlet ruby. Harry's birthstone is a ruby, and scarlet is a Gryffindor color.

-Harry's wand first shot out red and gold sparks when he tried out his wand(again with the colors).

-Dumbledore stated in CoSthat only a true Gryffindor could have pulled out the sword from the Sorting Hat.

-Lily, James, and Harry lived in "Godric's Hollow". See the connection? Godric's Hollow and Godric Gryffindor.

--

There's also some evidence against this rumor, to read the full article, click here.

--

Please add your views!

alia IF-Rockerz
alia
alia

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
could be Confused
achal IF-Dazzler
achal
achal

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
The article on Mugglnet is really interesting, and I guess they r somewhat right. JKR has written a lot about how who ur ancestors r doesn't matter.. But, at the same time, she also does give a lot of clue about Harry being Gryffindor's heir.. Harry doesn't know much about his ancestors yet, and it is said that he'll find out more about them in the seventh book, so will he find out about Gryffindor being one of his ancestors?

Another thing is, is this subject even important for the upcoming book? I mean, what will Harry do after finding that Gryffindor is related to him.. I mean it's not like he'll gain more power by knowing this fact. Maybe it'll make him somewhat more brave... Or it could increase his rivalry with Voldemort, since Voldemort is Slytherin's heir, and Gryffindor and Slytherin are known to be rivals, but other than that, what else? Will it have an affect on the last war between Voldemort and Harry?

I dunno, but I guess he could be the heir of Gryffindor, although I don't see what importance it has for the last book..Confused

Edited by achal - 26 March 2006 at 4:03pm
PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 4:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by achal

The article on Mugglnet is really interesting, and I guess they r somewhat right. JKR has written a lot about how who ur ancestors r doesn't matter.. But, at the same time, she also does give a lot of clue about Harry being Gryffindor's heir.. Harry doesn't know much about his ancestors yet, and it is said that he'll find out more about them in the seventh book, so will he find out about Gryffindor being one of his ancestors?

Another thing is, is this subject even important for the upcoming book? I mean, what will Harry do after finding that Gryffindor is related to him.. I mean it's not like he'll gain more power by knowing this fact. Maybe it'll make him somewhat more brave... Or it could increase his rivalry with Voldemort, since Voldemort is Slytherin's heir, and Gryffindor and Slytherin are known to be rivals, but other than that, what else? Will it have an affect on the last war between Voldemort and Harry?

I dunno, but I guess he could be the heir of Gryffindor, although I don't see what importance it has for the last book..Confused

You do make a good point. But maybe Harry has some kind of hidden power. You know how Voldemort was the only one who could open the CoS, that's because he's the Heir of Slytherin.

j y o t i Goldie
j y o t i
j y o t i

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
i think that harry is his 'heir'
if been wondering about this for a while and i think its is very likely for this to be true
but lyk achal said, i dont know wat importance it will hold, but its just an interesting fact
and maybe there could be some connection with harry and some other stuff that belonged to godric gryffindor
also, wat if voldy knows about this as well, is it possible. maybe the reason for y he went after harry instead of neville was b/c he knew that the potters would be a greater threat b/c they too were decendents of a great wizard?
achal IF-Dazzler
achal
achal

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PixieDust91

Originally posted by achal

You do make a good point. But maybe Harry has some kind of hidden power. You know how Voldemort was the only one who could open the CoS, that's because he's the Heir of Slytherin.

Yea, could be.. If not with anything else, maybe it'll help him to unlock the horcruxes somehow, or something else.
achal IF-Dazzler
achal
achal

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by j y o t i

also, wat if voldy knows about this as well, is it possible. maybe the reason for y he went after harry instead of neville was b/c he knew that the potters would be a greater threat b/c they too were decendents of a great wizard?

That's a very valid point.. Otherwise, he wouldn't only choose Harry over Neville because he is half-blood, like himself.. There had to be something else, and this could be it! Wow, if u think about it, there are so many secrets hidden behind HP!
albusdumbledore IF-Dazzler
albusdumbledore
albusdumbledore

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
hiya pixie,

read your post and I must say it made interesting readin....

tejas

Go to top