Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (Ek Ladki Anjani Si)

Article : Kanchi not anjan to Hyderabad

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
   Monday, March 27, 2006

By Gayatri Reddy

Hyderabad is like home for Kanchi Kaul, better known as Anu from the popular soap Ek Ladki Anjani Si. During to her stint in Telugu films she lived in the city for nearly two years, and during that time not only became familiar with Hyderabad, but also with many of the locals. Now, after a really long time, she was here for the weekend to catch up with old friends. "It was a friend's birthday (industrialist Jay Galla of Amararaja Batteries) and if I hadn't come down my friends would have disowned me as I haven't been here for a while," she says.

While working in Tollywood, Kanchi became good friends with actress Shriya and some of the socialites in town like Satish Reddy and Pinky Reddy. "It was great fun, we would go out, play board games and eat dinner together almost everyday."  Another actress with whom she really hit it off is Arzoo Gowitrikar, (Arzoo too is a familiar face in Hyderabad) her nemesis in Ek Ladki Anjani Si. "It's really funny because Arzoo hates me in reel life. A new character will soon appear in the serial. He will be hired by her to kill me. Lots of interesting twists are coming up. But in real life Arzoo and I are chipkoos."

The success of her serial has ensured that Kanchi apart from being a household name is also terribly hard pressed for time. "There is a lot of work in Mumbai right now. I work all through the month for an average of 15 hours per day and get only five hours of sleep." This hectic schedule is not only because of her serial, she has been doing shows and commercials too. In fact Kanchi will be off to America with fellow actresses Gurdeep Kholii, Sakshi Tanwar and Mona Singh for a show later this year.
Even though she has hardly any time for herself Kanchi isn't complaining. "It's really good to know the show is successful. My clothes and even the way I talk have caught on." The actress says lots of people have told her that they love the way she talks and this amuses her a great deal. This is because throughout her life her mother has been telling her that she has a very nasal voice, which needs to be modulated.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweety001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
kool! thanks ya i think she came in 1 or 2 telugu movies and i didn't know arzoo came to hyderabad also!
tv123 thumbnail
                   😛                                                                                                                                                        
tv123 thumbnail
                   😛