Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

TRP's not irreproachable says mirror

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....so its only 4000 people who actually vote/decide.....yayyyyyyyyyy......so all those TRP's we see IS NOT the verdict of the entire audience...only a section of the audience are taken into consideration...🤢..no wonder all those K soaps are riding high😉 and good soaps dont get the  ranks😡

Astitva director dismisses TRP system

Kunal M Shah

Known for his sensitive portrayal of relationships, Ajai Sinha of Hasratein and Astitva fame is all set to start his next venture tentatively titled Ghar. Sinha will be repeating the same technical team of Hasratein and also plans to cast the same stars depending entirely on the time and availability of the actors.

However, even while he is excited about Ghar Sinha is miffed with the TRP rating system and questions its credibility. "My being annoyed at the TRP rating system has nothing to do with Astitva going off air. The basic problem is that the entire TRP system is based on the verdict of only 4000 people. The soaps which these viewers watch top the ratings while the others suffer. Only few people benefit from this system."

Sinha adds, "I have witnessed the popularity of Astitva in so many countries, but surprisingly it was never high on ratings. How do you explain that? The only reason that we don't see a Malgudi Days, Chanakya, Hum Log and Buniyaad is that these TRP give this saas-bahu, eye- jerkers a thumbs up and so no one wants to try anything different. I did Hasratein at a time when no one would have delved on this subject. It was offbeat but had commercial ingredients too."

Meanwhile, Sinha has  finalised the Hinglish film he is making for Prakash Jha, but has given up on the release of his film Bachelors which has the Sen sisters – Riya and Raima. "I have even stopped talking about the film. The film has been ready for two years but I have no clue why it is not being released. It's better forgotten now as the comedy might be outdated," he says.

ps..no news about jjkn's ending in today(monday's) mirror issue😛

Edited by Buffie - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moondust thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
thanks buffie 😃 😃 😃..damn K-soaps 🤢 🤢 🤢