Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Reshammiya's birthday surprise for Emraan (Page 2)

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dazzlingdesi

Emraan Hashmi
Himesh Reshammiya
Actress-director Vandana Sajnani's first musical show, Himesh Reshammiya's debut concert Aap Ka Saroor, at the Country Club in Dubai, was a huge hit.

But Emraan Hashmi got the surprise of his life when Reshammiya presented him with a three-tiered birthday cake (on March 24) on stage, and had the 8,000-strong crowd standing up and singing "happy birthday" to him.

Emraan was thrilled

Says an excited Emraan, "I was shocked but thrilled! It was so unexpected. It was my first stage show and I couldn't have had it better and brought in my birthday so beautifully. Himesh kept a surprise for me on stage for my birthday – a cake was cut and he and the entire audience sang 'happy birthday' for me in Dubai. The concert was a hit."

The kissing sensation made an entry attired in casuals walking behind a huge, red heart-shaped structure.

"I was just a silhouette behind it. The concept was fabulous. After Udita did a whole medley of songs they played my Jhalak dikhlaja song, after which I broke open the heart and walked towards the crowd dancing to the song," adds Emraan.

Says Sajnani, "We got to know it was Emraan's birthday and had him stay back. He was planning to take the flight immediately after the show. We wanted it to be surprise for Emraan and celebrate it amongst the people of Dubai. It was a huge, three-tiered, white-frosted cake, as big as Emraan himself. It was a gimmick I had planned."

Himesh adds, "Emraan and Udita were the guest stars, while Vineet and Himani the finalists from Zee's Sa Re Ga Ma and Abhijeet Sawant from Indian Idol also performed for the first time. Emraan's cake was so big it had to be brought in on the same hydraulic life that I made my grand entry on. It was a very emotional moment.

Usually they have our songs playing all over the Dubai Club but this was the first time they heard them live. I had a full jam session with my orchestra."

datz so sweet of Himeshji..I luv him LETZ ROCK!

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
if it was me, i wudve 4gotten his bday..LOL
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
Thanx 4 da article!!!

Go to top