Ejaz’s talk about kavya’s death

rawinder thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Were you really unaware of your 'death' in Kavyanjali?

Yes, that's the truth. We discussed a few tracks in the plot, and I was waiting for Balaji to let me know what they finally decided.

Does your departure from Kavyanjali sadden you?

Oh yes! This is the longest that I've been in any serial. I entered the show as a replacement. And then went on to be accepted and loved as Kavya. Now I'm known more as Kavya than Ejiaz. However, I'm not scared of moving on to Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. Every serial has been a challenge for me. And I love it. By the way Anita and I have won the 'best jodi' award at the Star Parivaar awards.

According to rumours, you and Amrita Singh form the real jodi of Kavyanjali.

I heard those rumours too! Just because we shared a great rapport both on and off screen, everyone jumped to conclusions. We were just two intelligent, educated people bonding on the sets. I think our compatibility added to our scenes together and took the soap to another level. She's such a livewire on the sets, I'll really miss working with her .I've learnt so much from her.

The buzz was that Amrita Singh had moved from one Khan to another.

Ha ha. There's nothing like that.

What about your relationship with Karishma Tanna?

There's nothing to be said about her. I was close to her during the shooting of Koi Dil Mein Hai. Since we were the only two unmarried actors on the sets, the unit linked us together There was nothing between us.

Now you have to act with Iqbal Khan?

Yes, before I get bumped off in Kavyanjali , we'll get to share some screen space. I'm looking forward to that.

Have you been a victim of ego clashes before?

Ego clashes are almost inevitable on the sets in this industry. If you're working with stars day in and day out, it's bound to happen. I often lose my cool on the sets when I see a co-star constantly on the phone, not concentrating on his lines. I've had fights with co-stars on the sets of Kavyanjali too.

Given a choice, would you've preferred to go on in Kavyanjali, instead of shifting to Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka?

The story had to move forward. After Kavya got to know the truth about his mother it would have been very difficult for him to remain the way he was. My character had to die. It's a logical step forward. I'm actually enjoying the shift because Nimmo… gives me a chance to do something lighter, and more fun. I was too serious in Kavyanjali . In Nimmo I'm not the central character. There's a fresh set of faces with me . And I'm having a ball.

< = =text/>

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thx..beens its been posted already hun! 😳
henna16 thumbnail