hmmm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Dazzling_incandescent

bikerider IF-Sizzlerz
bikerider
bikerider

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
once again a thought provoking post .

i think ipk is doing great at 8pm slot with tough competition.
i myself record KTLK and watch it after IPK.
but also agree that  i do not mind skipping KTLK  which i do often and for a second even when ad is running in IPK i do not  change channel LOL
i agree that nor i get so hyped up for KTLK like i do for IPK.

but i do sometime wonder why  SNS is leading where as IPK is still at not top 3.

i feel its a lot to do with just  being a romantic comedy if i can say so.
also  more than saas i agree that being a lot symbol and signs oriented its difficult to decode IPK sometime.

i did start with casual attitude with IPK now i am serious viewer
and ofcourse all you guys at IPK make decoding easier.

i also agree that IPK dress code is not over the top where people can discuss about saree design or jewellary.it  will appeal to only those section of viewers who can talk about Sarun endlessly and ofcourse
it is not majority group.

but i seriously hope SP does more promo job and ensure that IPK hits the top3 slots ASAP.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescent

ksn1 Groupbie
ksn1
ksn1

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 12:18am | IP Logged
I am an sucker for serials and I watch all three.
Trust me I am way into IPKKND than the other two. i follow the other two but get angry if CVs mess up some part of the story or tweak /drag for TRP .
BTW the leads on this are way way better than the other two

incandescent

coolsabs IF-Rockerz
coolsabs
coolsabs

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
no.1- IPKKND's time slot is really very tough. So its doing very well as the time slot.
no.2- EHMMBH's past week was full of Mehendi, Wedding and Sr ceremony so its trp increases. But its not going to be forever.

so don't worry our's will increase more when the romantic track will come and the wedding ceremony of ArHi will be on their way.
And yes thats true that a wedding ceremony brings a lot of increasing trps with it..but however lets wait and watch how the track will go...

@Fari- nice post 

SanzBarbieincandescent

minimuffin86 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescentbikeriderprincessunara

Henna 786 IF-Stunnerz
Henna 786
Henna 786

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged
well i havent watched an indian drama in about 3-4 years till i saw Arnav shout "enough" to Khushi on telly.. and since then ive been hooked! 
In my house my nan is a huge saas-bahu serial lover and doesnt enjoy Iss pyaar as much as she does Saathiya (yeh i know) however my mum and I only watch this show and watch American / Korean telly which do have a similar format.. Rom/Com, jolly storyline with a bit of heaviness here and there. 

I rekon this show will appeal to people who want to see a happy family with ONE vamp, this show is fast paced at times which i LOVE so im unsure if thats another thing.. usually dramas that drag do well. 

I rekon IF lavanya comes back as a vamp to get her "love" back the TRPs would be higher.. Female vamps with excessive eye make up seem to do well. 

shaam91incandescent

Peace67 IF-Sizzlerz
Peace67
Peace67

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:25am | IP Logged
It probably has more to do with other shows in the same time slot. Considering that, IPKKND is doing very well.

incandescent

merrydock Goldie
merrydock
merrydock

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged
great topic.
i think the indian mind set is that at this slot most people watching are house wifes and older women. it seems they like to watch serials like SNS my mom watchs it without fail, i just dont get it two women only scheming, one completey dumd,
i think it is all the scheming women that other women like to watch, and also they relate marriages to family values. you know romancing without being married awww!  for them its like they are't married how can he touch her like that. not that you see these married couples doing anything other then staring at eachother from across the room or over their MIL, SIL, FIL,GD,MD's heads. 
please tell me which serial have the married couple sleeping together after marriage before six months into their marriage.  what the hell? everyone seems to have taken a vow of abstinance after marriage. phew! all the married couples sleep seperately really

these serial i tell you

HeadOverHeelsincandescent

Go to top