Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sssz thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
r

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Quite frankly that post was quite incoherent and illogical.

Acknowledging the 'freedom to choose' is a neutral stance. It is a stance that neither condones nor condemns po*nography. Basically it states that whether or not one produces or views po*nography is a personal choice.

Does one have the right to disapprove and condemn po*nography? Of course! Does one have the right to find po*nography immoral? Of course!

No one ever denied these rights to anyone.

Freedom comes with limitations though. Disapproving or disagreeing with something in no way gives anyone the right to "hate". Flaunting the right to "hate" is implicitly conferring moral approval for racism, homophobia, xenophobia, sexism etc by saying people have the "right" to hate, demean and discriminate against other humans based on their personal opinion. Basic human rights says that you respect the sovereignty of the individual. You may condemn po*nography, but that does not give you a right to "hate" people based on that opinion.

Moreover, no one has denied anyone the right to condemn or have their opinion. The crux of the matter really is the "hatred" spewed on account of this opinion and denying basic human freedoms on account of their opinion. People are just questioning the basis of the opinion and the application of the opinion.

There really is no rational defense for "hate" or "unfair treatment".  But instead of acknowledging that incapability, people accuse others of denying their rights to opinions.

o

i guess for those who giving speeches about freedom of this freedom of that it aint a suitable platform for them as they would go on n on about one has freedom of profession  this n that

but others have no freedom of disliking something  or they simply start disliking is hating hating is rasicm this n that

common guys twisting n turning the whole topic its not freedom war u support sunny n her profession suit urself

but we dont !!!! simple n you cant twist it by giving freedom of this freedom of that speech

lolz
sssz thumbnail

I'll borrow some quotes

"Hate the sin, not the sinner" - The Bible

"Judge them not equally. They may all deserve hell, but some of us deserve it sooner than others" - Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Modji explained in better layman's terms. You have the right to your opinions and feel strongly, even hate po*nography. But professional choice does not make the character or personality of a person.

Hypothetically, if Anna did some tharki behavior like Sky, you have to put aside your admiration for him and critique him for it.

Hypothetically, if Sunny did something like mediate a fight nicely and avert hurt feelings, you have to put aside your dislike for her and appreciate her for what she did.

Basic point, don't tie everything Sunny does with her career choice. View it in current context. Its the fair thing to do.

I'll leave the debate on notions of po*nography itself aside because that has no bearing on whos who in the house.

you quoting from bible

bible even says po.n..graphy not allowed!!!!!

we dont support the profession ...what ur point ...??

if one, or milions or many countries dont support a  profession ...or even legalise it ...its their choice...one cant force them saying  no its against freedom of choice blah blah ...there are some morals ethics or what ever you call it some follow

in your eyes if you dont mind  and support it saying freedom of choice suit urself!!!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I'll borrow some quotes

"Hate the sin, not the sinner" - The Bible

"Judge them not equally. They may all deserve hell, but some of us deserve it sooner than others" - Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Modji explained in better layman's terms. You have the right to your opinions and feel strongly, even hate po*nography. But professional choice does not make the character or personality of a person.

Hypothetically, if Anna did some tharki behavior like Sky, you have to put aside your admiration for him and critique him for it.

Hypothetically, if Sunny did something like mediate a fight nicely and avert hurt feelings, you have to put aside your dislike for her and appreciate her for what she did.

Basic point, don't tie everything Sunny does with her career choice. View it in current context. Its the fair thing to do.

I'll leave the debate on notions of po*nography itself aside because that has no bearing on whos who in the house.

Originally posted by: sssz

you quoting from bible

bible even says po.n..graphy not allowed!!!!!

Can you cite where Jesus says that? What part of the "hate the sin, not the sinner" did you have trouble getting? 😕

we dont support the profession ...what ur point ...??

In bold above. 😆

if one, or milions or many countries dont support a  profession ...or even legalise it ...its their choice...one cant force them saying  no its against freedom of choice blah blah ...there are some morals ethics or what ever you call it some follow

in your eyes if you dont mind  and support it saying freedom of choice suit urself!!!

Do you realize no one is denying your right to dislike a profession, in fact we support your right to choice in that matter? In fact I explicitly said, we'll leave the debate on the profession aside.
sssz thumbnail

Can you cite where Jesus says that? What part of the "hate the sin, not the sinner" did you have trouble getting? 😕

In bold above. 😆

Do you realize no one is denying your right to dislike a profession, in fact we support your right to choice in that matter? In fact I explicitly said, we'll leave the debate on the profession aside.

oh well seems like u are a diehard fan and supporter of sunny suit urself...
i am actually bored of this thread and all the essay long replies about  hate the sin not the sinner lolz
profession this freedom that ...lolz

you can carry on ...with your twisted logic i wudnt bother now, bored of your illogical debate about rite to hate no rite to hate sins n blah blah, and bringing in quotes n all lolzzz

making simple opinions of others so twisted and proving yourself to the point of bringing bible in between

totally bored...

have fun ...gud luck!!!