Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

JJKN’s end????doubtful..read

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Deal Ya No Deal to go weekly from April

The Mandira magic has obviously worked for this one. Deal Ya No Deal, the game show that makes a big deal out of guessing the right box that may contain a fortune, has been pulling in the ratings, slowly but steadily.

Mandira ka magic chalega kya? The 'kaamwali' special on Deal Ya No Deal

Now, in a turn of events, the Miditech produced show plans to turn weekly from April on. Mandira, who replaced R Madhavan as the host two months ago, will of course continue to regale audiences with her distinctly garrulous style of hosting, exulting in their excitement and breaking down at their losses. The show that currently runs Wednesdays through Fridays, will air only Fridays, as part of Sony's newly revamped Shukra Hai Shukravaar Hai lineup.

The show, that was shifted from the original 8:30 pm slot to the 9 pm slot, was repositioned in the 8 pm slot, after the Shukravaar lineup. But the time change stands true only for Fridays. On Wednesday and Thursday, the show currently airs in the 9 pm slot.

The change to the weekly format, sources say, will also allow the show scope to scale up much more, on several fronts. This is likely to reflect on the kind of contestants that walk into the show, the look of the show as well as the prize money, that could go even higher.

For a format show (it's based on an Endemol reality game show format, Deal Or No Deal) that's deviated so much from the original, Deal... is just getting its bearings. Perhaps, the Mandira magic will continue to grow.

so if DYND and IDOL are no more to be aired on the weekdays after april(apart from fridays), sony would replace them with 2 new shows...i.e for the  9-10 slot.....and a channel cannot launch 4 new daily  shows at the same time(as even CID is going offair)......so perhaps JJKN might not go offfair alll that soon😛...........

Edited by Buffie - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sharila thumbnail
Thanks for the article Buffie now I have some info on things, so I can know whats what. Keeping my fingers crossed for JJKN, hope to see it stay longer than expected
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanks 4 the article Buffie. I hope JJKN gets an extension 4 one year more.
jassisuri thumbnail

thanks, buffie, thats a good news, hope jjkn gets at least one more years extension, 😊

but and unless tnd also show equal interest in  jjkn extending, we may not be so lucky, they seem to be concentrating on their new shows,

all take jjkn for granted😭

Edited by jassisuri - 18 years ago
Jia thumbnail
thanks buffie. i hope jjkn stays for longer time.
insouciance thumbnail
yeah, here is the rticle CB..i think you have missed it
Tomiko thumbnail
thanks Buffie...i too think taht JJKN will not go off air as the story seems to be developing quite a bit!
fading_smiles thumbnail
that makes me feel a little bit better. thanks yaar! 😊
marvelous.malks thumbnail
Thanks, but i doubt JJKN is staying on for longer 😭
krangara thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Vidhi's entrance has added a much needed verve to the script...today, after ages, I watched the entire episode 😆