Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

JJKN’s end????doubtful..read

insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:35am | IP Logged

Deal Ya No Deal to go weekly from April

The Mandira magic has obviously worked for this one. Deal Ya No Deal, the game show that makes a big deal out of guessing the right box that may contain a fortune, has been pulling in the ratings, slowly but steadily.

Mandira ka magic chalega kya? The 'kaamwali' special on Deal Ya No Deal

Now, in a turn of events, the Miditech produced show plans to turn weekly from April on. Mandira, who replaced R Madhavan as the host two months ago, will of course continue to regale audiences with her distinctly garrulous style of hosting, exulting in their excitement and breaking down at their losses. The show that currently runs Wednesdays through Fridays, will air only Fridays, as part of Sony's newly revamped Shukra Hai Shukravaar Hai lineup.

The show, that was shifted from the original 8:30 pm slot to the 9 pm slot, was repositioned in the 8 pm slot, after the Shukravaar lineup. But the time change stands true only for Fridays. On Wednesday and Thursday, the show currently airs in the 9 pm slot.

The change to the weekly format, sources say, will also allow the show scope to scale up much more, on several fronts. This is likely to reflect on the kind of contestants that walk into the show, the look of the show as well as the prize money, that could go even higher.

For a format show (it's based on an Endemol reality game show format, Deal Or No Deal) that's deviated so much from the original, Deal... is just getting its bearings. Perhaps, the Mandira magic will continue to grow.

so if DYND and IDOL are no more to be aired on the weekdays after april(apart from fridays), sony would replace them with 2 new shows...i.e for the  9-10 slot.....and a channel cannot launch 4 new daily  shows at the same time(as even CID is going offair)......so perhaps JJKN might not go offfair alll that soonTongue...........

Edited by Buffie - 26 March 2006 at 12:37am

Sharila IF-Dazzler
Sharila
Sharila

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article Buffie now I have some info on things, so I can know whats what. Keeping my fingers crossed for JJKN, hope to see it stay longer than expected
Ambrosia IF-Sizzlerz
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:59am | IP Logged
thanks 4 the article Buffie. I hope JJKN gets an extension 4 one year more.
jassisuri Goldie
jassisuri
jassisuri

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 1:28am | IP Logged

thanks, buffie, thats a good news, hope jjkn gets at least one more years extension, Smile

but and unless tnd also show equal interest in  jjkn extending, we may not be so lucky, they seem to be concentrating on their new shows,

all take jjkn for grantedCry

Edited by jassisuri - 26 March 2006 at 1:38am
Jia IF-Rockerz
Jia
Jia

-

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 1:39am | IP Logged
thanks buffie. i hope jjkn stays for longer time.
insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 2:38am | IP Logged
yeah, here is the rticle CB..i think you have missed it
aish2 IF-Sizzlerz
aish2
aish2

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 4:31am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing
Tomiko IF-Sizzlerz
Tomiko
Tomiko

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 11:16am | IP Logged
thanks Buffie...i too think taht JJKN will not go off air as the story seems to be developing quite a bit!

Go to top