Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Perfect Jodis by two gentlemen (Page 2)

bunbutt_too IF-Sizzlerz
bunbutt_too
bunbutt_too

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fm_qazi

I still could not understand how did judges resolve the problem by their experiment. They get female-female and male-male sing together and decided about jodi of male-female. Why did they experiment among 4 singers only. Vishwas protest was not related with singing advantage for them but about public lineancy towards married couple and judges did not talk about main issue. I do not know what kind of logic these guys have. Actually I miss one thing, there should be male-female jodi of judges too.

You have made some valid observations. The most important one is that since this competition is between couples the judges should have also been been one male and one female. Clap Clap You stumped me there!

Regarding the judge's experiment, I think the whole exercise was to show the most vocal objecter Vishwas that ultimately the listeners care about the rendition of the song by the singers, be they two women or two men. That any personal relationship between the singers does not give any added advantage to one pair over the other when performing.

I hope that all the viewers understood that as well, and will vote for the pairs based strictly on their performances. Any extraneous factors such as relationships or what have you, have no place here, and should not have any bearing on the voting or outcome of this competition. I hope that addresses the issue you have raised.

ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bunbutt_too

Originally posted by fm_qazi

I still could not understand how did judges resolve the problem by their experiment. They get female-female and male-male sing together and decided about jodi of male-female. Why did they experiment among 4 singers only. Vishwas protest was not related with singing advantage for them but about public lineancy towards married couple and judges did not talk about main issue. I do not know what kind of logic these guys have. Actually I miss one thing, there should be male-female jodi of judges too.

You have made some valid observations. The most important one is that since this competition is between couples the judges should have also been been one male and one female. Clap Clap You stumped me there!

Regarding the judge's experiment, I think the whole exercise was to show the most vocal objecter Vishwas that ultimately the listeners care about the rendition of the song by the singers, be they two women or two men. That any personal relationship between the singers does not give any added advantage to one pair over the other when performing.

I hope that all the viewers understood that as well, and will vote for the pairs based strictly on their performances. Any extraneous factors such as relationships or what have you, have no place here, and should not have any bearing on the voting or outcome of this competition. I hope that addresses the issue you have raised.

They also clarified Hrishikesh and Prajakta's objection that they can't sing with any other except their respective partner. 

All in all, Colonial COusins are geniuses by doing that experiment. They wanted to show that it is not who your with but your quality of singing an nothing more .

THey decided to put the couple back together because they were also a musical jodi.

susmitha3 Senior Member
susmitha3
susmitha3

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
very much true. even i felt that injustice was made in pairing before watching the show.Thanks to TopRanger, learnt and felt that the judges made a apt judgement.

Go to top