Balika Vadhu

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

I'm confused

groovychica_22 Groupbie

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 11:35am | IP Logged
 I didn't watch this serial from the very beginning so I don't completely understand phuli's story or how she got into this situation in the first place. I had never heard of nata pratha before balika vadhu. Now I understand what that is, and it seems to be a common practice in the village, so did phuli or her family not realize that this was a nata pratha or that her baby would be taken away from her? in a place were such a practice is commonplace and considered illegal i would think that they would take some precaution. I was under the impression that she was deceived into marriage and then her baby was snatched away which to me is not nata pratha as they are labeling it to be...that is just pure deception. i would think in natha pratha both sides are aware of the agreement whereas in this case it doesn't seem that they are. and therefore, since it is a case of deception, it should be fought with the villagers supporting phooli as they would not want their daughters to be deceived in a similiar manner in the future...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mmishra1 Senior Member

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Phooli was a bal vidhwa means child widow. Her own MIL came to ask for Nata pratha for her younger son. She said her DIL left her husband and all she wants to see her son happy. They never told Phooli or her family that their DIL is not gone forever.
Poor Phooli came to know about this after child birth. Nata pratha is common in those area where Bal vivah is still happening. Child widow get a chance to live like suhagan thru nata Pratha so parents allow that by thinking that now my daughter will not be called widhawa or manhoos.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

groovychica_22 Groupbie

Posted: 15 December 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
ohhh okay, now i see thank you for the explanation! 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top