Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Music interview: Himesh Reshamiya (Page 3)

roy IF-Rockerz
roy
roy

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by simplyskud

Originally posted by rage797

nasal-fever is back this spring wht talent guys, himesh virus hitting alphs , blowing through himalyas.meting the arctics.
the end is near.

i regrett not been able to stop my girlfriend , wud die in vain listning to the howling blow of hazardius windsCry

Ah !!! What a painful death .... Shakespeare would have been proud !!!!

Wink Wink Wink

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhh !!!!

well its more infectious than sars and more contaminated than bird flu.

more painful than aids and more rapid than hapititous-b. it gotta be painfun. thereis no escape.Cry

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Qwest

HR needs to be proud of this album. Very tradition and very classy.

Banaras    - A Mystic Love Story (2006)

Actors : Dimple Kapadia, Naseruddin Shah, Raj Babbar, Urmila Matondkar
Director : Pankaj Parashar
Lyrics : Sameer
Music Director : Himesh Reshamiya
Producer : Singh LC
Year : 2006

Reshammiya gets spiritual for Banaras

Sukanya Verma | March 20, 2006 20:35 IST

What happens when faith and spirituality collide with relationships and existentialism? Banaras - A mystic love story is said to explore this complex question.

Directed by Pankuj Parashar, the film features Urmila Matondkar, Naseerudin Shah, Raj Babbar, Dimple Kapadia and Ashmit Patel.

Agreed, the subject, setting and cast are exciting. But what is even more interesting is Parashar's choice of a mainstream music director like Himesh Reshammiya for the soundtrack. To his credit, the Aashiq Banaya singer-composer does forego his chartbuster image and treads a new track.

Urmila, back with Banaras

More on rediff.com!

'People expected me to be the next Indian Idol'

Big B back on the sets

Meet the new Miss India

The album opens with Reshammiya in a mellow, almost unrecognisable self, gently crooning to Kitna Pyaar Karte Hain. Although his voice doesn't suit the personality of the song, his attempted sincerity meets with half-hearted approval. The loveliness of the tune does come into its own during Alka Yagnik's version of the same though.

Ishq Mein Dilko is another slow paced, romance-filled melody. But, for all its starry-eyed charm, the song is not nearly addictive.

Holi may be over and done with, but the colours refuse to die down in Rang Dalo. Vibrancy booms in the voices of Shreya Ghosal and Sonu Nigam in this standard Holi number replete with burdensome beats and a boisterous chorus. Hindi film songs adhere to a tried and tested format for situational music. It's time someone broke the rules and created something unpredictable.

Pranab Kumar's classical recital of the popular thumri, Bajooband Khul Khul Jaaye is stimulating beyond words. It has previously been performed by the likes of Lata Mangeskar and Jagjit Singh to mesmerising effect.

Up next, Ghosal takes a safe route for Purab Se. Her rendition is delicate enough, but the song would have worked better if she had provided it some drama. The USP of Yeh Shaan Hai Banaras Ki is Sivamani's scintillating play of drums. Sanjeev Abhyankar's colourful and enlightening introduction of the city with many names (Kashi, Varanasi) goes in perfect tandem with the inspiring beats.

Although Reshammiya gets brownie points for trying to be different, he fails to capture the sacred rush of Banaras' air or the enigmatic profundity of spiritualism.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------
Damn !!!! These rediff reviewers hardly know movies or music either !!!!!

Wink Wink Wink

Edited by simplyskud - 26 March 2006 at 12:12am
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:21am | IP Logged
I just heard the album of Banaras by HR and I am amazed at the job he's done here. He's given us what we've been wanting of him

Banaras    - A Mystic Love Story (2006)

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Qwest

I just heard the album of Banaras by HR and I am amazed at the job he's done here. He's given us what we've been wanting of him

Banaras    - A Mystic Love Story (2006)

I TOTALLY agree... Banaras had FAB music... the song sung by HR, oh my goodness, it doesnt even sound like him!

HR is a good music director, i mean Tere Naam, Kyon Ki were very good.. and I personally thought ABA was nice, it must have been nasal and all, but it sounded good and it had a classical touch to it (not the remix..the original).. even his Jhoom Jhoom sounds good..

I started getting prejudiced towards HR after the way he hyped Vinit..it was TOTALLY uncalled for, Vinit had a SUPER SUPER voice, he is very talented, he really didn't need tat much hyping.. okie I understand if u want to push him more than the other singers, but to TOTALLY ignore ur own contestants, thats ridiculous...

but as a MD, HR is improving.. but he isn't the best ! A R Rahman and SEL and ID are way way way up there !!
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:42am | IP Logged
qwest join the musiccorner where his stuff willbe appreciated need link let me know.
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:43am | IP Logged
madhavir108 ji,
I am with you 100% he is learning and he has long way to go as Top of the line This time, he's doing a good job because, due to his name, traditional music will again get popular ARR is the best.

Go to top