Music interview: Himesh Reshamiya

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:31pm | IP Logged

Music interview: Himesh Reshamiya

"I believe in using pure Raags"

Today he is among the most popular of composers in Hindi films though still relatively new. He has proved that he has a certain flair for composing which is above the average.

His big break came with a big bang   in the David Dhawan film 'Dulhan hum le jayenge' produced by Baba Films; and Himesh Reshamiya feels that the years he's wasted for the right break have been more than justified.

He comes from a music background has learnt music from his father Vipin Reshamiya and imbibed both the traditional classical culture along with the happening rhythms of today. But though Himesh felt in his bones that he was made for a musical career he waited for the right opportunity rather than do just anything.  It was Salman Khan who offered him a break in his film 'Pyar kiya to darna kya' and again in 'Hello brother'.

In both he did two songs each which became very popular- viz 'Odhli chunariya' and 'Hatke' were on everyone's lips and hearing them producer Gordhan Tanwani offered him his first solo assignment in 'Dulhan hum Le Jayenge'. And all the 8 songs of the film are so catchy and so melodious that Himesh feels it's a foregone conclusion that his career in music has started off.

He's already signed half a dozen more films two with Times music one with Mahesh Manjrekar among others. He says with great earnestness, "I think I'm one of the best composers today. Because I've a great feel for melody as well as today's sound which not too many people have. My father worked with Laxmikant-Pyarelal and I've imbibed their magnificent understanding of orchestration I'Ve loved the work of Madan Mohan and Shankar Jaikishan and today that of AR Rahman but I've got my own sound. Plus I think music composition is God's gift-I've got a bank of 300 tunes already I compose so much. I work each day."

Himesh is also producer of TV serials like Andaz, aashique, Amar Prem etc and he keeps both the diverse occupations going with great felicity. Now listeners can look forward to some youthful music   Today Reshamiya seems to be the most popular composers among the new ones-he has   some half dozen films on release two of which Dil Maange More and Vaada are creating a ripple at the music stations. Aitraaz, which has already released also showcases his works very positively.

How is Aitraaz a milestone for you?

It was ambitious for me working with Subhash Ghai. It was a haunting story where music had to be very good. We had to work on the situations-every song has it's own situation as well as audio value 'aankhen band karke' has done very well. But the other numbers are also doing well.

Your kind of music?

Any music, which is soulful and the orchestration is very up market and trendy. That whole blend is my kind of music. I believe in using pure Raags. I have learnt from my father at the age of 13.

Dil maange more seems different?

Dil maange more is doing extremely well-we have all the ingredients for foot tapping music- Shahid kapur 3 girls-the whole track is absolutely foot tapping-at the same time it is not simplified-there is a very retro rock and roll kind of song, you have two romantic numbers- 'aisa dewwana hua' is one. There is a different kind of title track. The entire groove is very different.

The youth will identify with it-in fact it is selling well its number 5 on the charts currently.

I have been working with Sameer quite a bit after the stupendous success of Tere naam, In the last few years despite the crisis the industry is facing Tere naam is still selling long after it's release and there are still paid promos being shown, It has broken all records in the last two years.

Next in the pipeline?

I've done Vaada with Satish Kaushik- and it's really selling. The song 'woh ladki nahin zindagi meri'

I've some 15 films- Milenge milenge for Boney Kapoor- this film has 8 lovely numbers, which are my personal favorites. I am doing a film with Priyadarshan. Another with David Dhawan another with Harry Baweja titled 'Main aisa hi hoon'

Music industry has become very competitive but if you do well you are doing well. Tere naam has proved that despite the piracy etc music can sell. So we have to work harder. I am trying to do that.

Earlier if you sold 30 lakhs it was a hit-today if you sell 5 lakh albums, its super hit. So the music industry is going through a crisis.  Aitraaz we have crossed 7 lakhs and Tere naam 70 lakhs.

Edited by Qwest - 25 March 2006 at 3:42pm

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
thanks though more appreciated in musiccorner.

again thanks on article
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by teenindia_usa

thanks though more appreciated in musiccorner.

again thanks on article
Thanks
Hazardous IF-Rockerz
Hazardous
Hazardous

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
thanks alot for the wonderful article Big smile
indian_77 Groupbie
indian_77
indian_77

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
thx
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
if like hr please visit music corner

only supporters though thanks
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Again appreciate and will post in muscicorner

Edited by teenindia_usa - 25 March 2006 at 7:58pm
Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
thanx questji... appreciate 4 this loverly article of Himeshji..

Go to top