Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka

Sidhu plays God in debut serial

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Everyone has a different perception about how God looks or speaks. Star One, with the launch of its new Balaji serial Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka attempts to provide an answer to this question. A quick-witted, multi-talented man with the gift of the gab, Navjot Singh Siddhu, plays the role of God in the serial. An ex-cricketer and an offbeat commentator whose "Siddhuisms" have passed into cricket lore, Siddhu has had a successful stint on television so far co- hosting the comedy show, The Great Indian Laughter Challenge. However, this is Siddhu's first foray into acting. All we can say is, what a way to start by playing God! Vamshee Krishna caught Siddhu in an upbeat mood as he discussed all his projects.

Tell us more about your role in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka
It's about this sweet but fantastic relationship that Nimmo shares with God. She doesn't know that the Sardar she is talking to is God himself. The way the serial shapes up is something worth watching. I am not giving away too much. People will have to watch the serial to get the juicy details!

What impression did the new girl, Sanjeeda aka Nimmo leave on you?
She is a good prospect. Sanjeeda has handled the role very well. Despite this being her first time on television, I am sure the viewers will appreciate her for the capable way in which she has handled the part. In fact, I can confidently say that she is Nimmo.

You are acting for the first time. How does it feel?
For me it's like exploring a new dimension. There were three things I always wanted to pursue- cricket, politics and acting. I am done with cricket and politics. Acting is the only option left to explore. When I was offered this interesting role, I decided to take it up. Also, I felt I was in safe hands when I heard of Ekta Kapoor's involvement.

You are amazingly spontaneous and creating original, unforgettable lines is your forte. Did you follow scripts for this role?
Well, people recognise me for the spontaneity with which I speak. I never did really follow a script for my shows or anything. Dil ki baat hein bus. I spin my words around the essence of the script and the product is what you see.

Tell us more about your future plans regarding your acting career?
I have been approached with a few interesting offers. I just have to find the time to concentrate on all of them. I have been having a problem sorting out my dates for Rajesh Bhatt's film, Tussi Great Ho Paaji. I guess that film will pave the way for my big screen debut.

What should loyal Siddhu fans watch out for in the future?
Oh, lots of things. I am a busy man now [he smiles]. My first priority is this serial. Its got an interesting star cast comprising Dara Singh and Sanjeeda. I think even the movie will shape up soon and well, Laughter Challenge is gearing up for its second season

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jbcute01 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i thought he looked fimaliar
fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail