Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shenaz writes film script

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

Shenaz Treasurywala

You saw Shahid Kapur going bonkers on her va-va-voom persona in Ishq Vishk, her debut film that released three years ago.

You saw her in the arresting cameo as she slaps a flirtatious Saif Ali Khan in Hum Tum. And her third film, Umar, which has her as a docile and sweet rich girl, has just released.

Now, Shenaz Treasurywala has turned writer. She has written an English-Hindi comedy, has a director ready on board ("I will tell you soon about it!") but is looking for a producer!

"I think that scripts should be written from the heart," says the actress. "My story has something I feel very strongly about, which comes across as a subtle message. It is targeted at the urban youth." Will she star as the film's protagonist? "Of course!"

No bikinis

"My mom teaches drama and dad is a captain of a ship, but neither really liked it when I opted to do films. Right now, they are okay with it because they have realised that I am not going overboard and doing things I should not, like wearing bikinis or doing item songs!" she says.

Though much slimmer today than what we remember of her as the Alisha of Ishq Vishk or even as the MTV VJ, Shenaz wants to do only roles with meat in them. 'I took on Umar because of two reasons. I liked the concept and my character was the complete opposite of Alisha!' she says.

What about working down south? 'I have done just one Telugu film, that's it!'

Shenaz is still hosting Whatever Things, a prank show on weekends on Music Television. 'It is produced by a Hong Kong-based company,' she says.

saniyaa IF-Dazzler
saniyaa
saniyaa

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharing
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top