Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Adnan installs gym in new home

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 12:50pm | IP Logged

Adnan Sami

Adnan Sami is now ready to move into his new home, in Oberoi Sky Gardens, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri. "It's almost ready," says the singer-composer.

"And I should be in it by the end of this month. I got Shakti Parmar to do up the place. I hope my new home will reflect some of my personality. Maybe I could shoot my next music video for my new album there."

Fitness goal

And yes, Adnan has a gym in his new home. "I hope to use it regularly, not so much to lose weight, but to stay healthy. I'm not keen on only losing kilos," says Sami, who has started work on his new non-film album. "It will be an all-new Adnan Sami, I promise you. And no, my meter is certainly not down."

Sang for Bappi

Last week, Sami cancelled his much-hyped recording with Bappi Lahiri and Jaya Prada, for the actress's film. "I was down with viral infection. I hoped to recover enough by the next day, in order to be able to record the song for Bappida. I wasn't even aware that Jaya Prada was going to sing with us. That came a pleasant, last-minute surprise," he whispers hoarsely.

However, when the song was finally recorded Adnan couldn't sing with Jaya Prada. "She recorded for the song a day earlier (on Tuesday). So I wasn't really able to sing with her. But we'll be heard together when the song is released, thanks to the marvels of technology."

Adnan finally recorded the song on Wednesday. The singer is quite taken with idea of working with Bappi.

"I grew up listening to Bappi da's tracks. And to now have the opportunity to sing one of his songs, that too with him, is like… wow! I had a blast working with Bappi da. Although he's a veteran, he's very chilled out, yet focussed.

He knows what he wants, and doesn't waste time in getting it. I was delighted to see that he is open to improvisations. Since that's how I like to work, I was quite comfortable with the experience."

Sami is equally wowed by Nan Patekar, the taxi driver in Taxi No 9211. "I love the way he has emoted to my number Meter down in the film.

The man is a rock star! Like Bappi Lahiri, he's another memory from my younger days. I remember Nana as  the scowling gangster in Parinda. And here he was, giving shape to my voice in such a  chilled out way.

It's very important for songs to get a catchy  visual interpretation. Earlier, people used to listen to songs. Now, they see them. Hats off to Nana for Meter Down," he exclaims.

saniyaa IF-Dazzler
saniyaa
saniyaa

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharing n u kno his weight cud cause heart attak
sabz_m Goldie
sabz_m
sabz_m

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
thnx 4 sharing!! hey saniyaa u r rite his weight could casue heart attack...i'm glad to hear that hes gona do sumthin about his weight!!!
iloveindia Groupbie
iloveindia
iloveindia

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
is mote ko aakir me akal aa hi gayi
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top