Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devils Den- A Tribute To The Antagonists!# (Page 47)

roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Ok girls I'm off to bed! Talk to you all later =)  <3

Z

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya204nirvanica15Samanalyse

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged
@Exactly! I mean SO's other really good shows like MJHT and DMG were also about romance but they also had that "youth" tag. GHSP, however, was universal and everybody could relate and watch it. There was enough depth for more serious viewers who took the time to see it as well as viewers who just watched it as a show, though I am sure even they felt the depth even if hey didn't articulate it in a space like this one. My point is, that everybody loves a good story, especially a love story and that is why Bollywood movies were so good at their OTT best in the 90s like KKHH and DDLJ etc.

Now bigger channels are cashing in on this concept of the love story, and people growing into love with one another. Another thing I think started with GHSP was the strong, complex male protagonist who had just as much a right to have emotions, be hurt, tricked and confused and love deeply. From the beginning, MSK had clear feelings and reactions and wasn't just an object for Geet to work off of. I was watching that first scene Shivi put up this morning and Maan's expression when Geet ties the hanky on his hand says it all. The fact that he is so shaken by her one simple gesture of selfless kindness shows how much hostility he is used to in his life, that he can be so surprised and touched by such a simple thing she did. His character had depth and history and meaning.

I see that happening a lot again in shows now. Even in a show like DABH, which to a large extent follows the saas-bahu model until now, has such a strong male lead. This is new for that genre I think, where men were always at the office or being fooled into thinking their wives were cheating by their evil mothers etc. Here the male protaginist is finding a way to bring his wife and his mother to an understanding and that sort of quietly strong male always echoes MSK for me, even though the characters are leagues apart. They have a voice, they have feelings, they react.

Good night then! Sweet MSK dreams! Smile

Edited by Samanalyse - 16 December 2011 at 1:53am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya204nirvanica15jyoti06roseinbloomshali

maan-ki-sanjana IF-Dazzler
maan-ki-sanjana
maan-ki-sanjana

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:01am | IP Logged
@ All: Hi again people!

And I so don't want DD to work with Ekta...I don't watch any other hindi TV show but have gotten an idea of the shows. From what I know of Ekta her shows start of fine but then go downhill (far far far far far worse than Geet ever could be).

I agree to a certain extent that we shouldn't attempt to copy the show again but I think with a new story, our leads will shine again.

Gurti are amazing individually but together they create magic and so it won't be wrong to say that whatever new show they do TOGETHER would be amazing!

Priya204nirvanica15Samanalyseshaliroseinbloom

Meetu_Anu IF-Sizzlerz
Meetu_Anu
Meetu_Anu

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:10am | IP Logged
@Sammy

U really think so about the shift???...Naaa

Look at all TRP gaing shows which are named NO. 1...and No. 2 and so onnn

Tell me...Do we even get to see half the things on leads which we saw with Maaneet????
I have been a part of  such a TRP show Bidaai...till the end we kept on crying for Ragini Ranvee love and romance .. do u know what responce we used to get... RAOMANCE DOES NOT GET TRP's,  DRAMA is needed...

That is exactly what Star Plus and Colors show are doing...baby swapping, Woman torcher, marriage swapping, guy marring 1534345 tiimes and claming he loves all his wifes  bla bla bla

Let me be honest...Geet on STAR PLUS NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN SAME...trust me...

WE were spoiled bunch...we have got few epis where it was 22 mins maaneet...or atleast 15 mins maaneet...

I was watching the cookery show today ..and what i see the heroin all Stern Smile...

And this same thing will be shown in LIFE OK nowStern Smile...YIKESSSDead...

as though shows claiming to be REAL LIFE DRAMA are not enough

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya204nirvanica15Samanalysejyoti06roseinbloomshali

Meetu_Anu IF-Sizzlerz
Meetu_Anu
Meetu_Anu

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:13am | IP Logged
@Z..

Well..that is the reason we LOVE GEET...

But channels like Star Plus and mainly COLORs will never get that...
they only see TRP's and what gets TRP is Drama...

let me tell u..Star Plus Gives a DAM to Net fans and that is the harsh reality we faced when we were fighting for Bidaai...

let us face fact guys...Channel's do not work on EMOTIONS but TRP...even if DIRTIEST OF TRACK GIVES THEM TRP's THEY WILL DO IT...
be it marriage, child, man, woman swapping anything

lamsnirvanica15Samanalysejyoti06roseinbloomshali

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:39am | IP Logged
@Anu: See, when I say shift I don't mean like all of a sudden they are going to do pure love stories like Geet. What I mean is that they are leaning more in that direction, rather than focusing only on drama. Couples are being introduced and built up slowly and you can't deny that SP has also started catering to a youth audience now, while the wife-swapping, child-swapping shows were mainly for housewives etc. Even big channels like Sony, Zee etc are doing the same with their new shows. The one show is gaining high TRPs but it is the last of its genre, I think.

Colors has now become the only channel that is still catering to that drama, drama, drama formula if you really think about it. So yeah, there is a shift. It doesn't mean that shows have no drama left but there is definitely more emphasis on the strong couple dealing with things aspect of things, rather than them being separated.

Priya204nirvanica15jyoti06Meetu_Anuroseinbloomshali

Priya204 Goldie
Priya204
Priya204

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Now it looks like even in the SP show the story is over lavanya will leave arnav shyam is exposed his truth is revealed in front of khushi so now it will either be KMH1 or a saas bahu saga
tell me honestly is there any kind of chemistry beteen the leads
Now so wish that if we eve get a season 2 of geet it should be in some other channel Life ok is a depressed channel I don't know something inside me tells me that it will meet the same fate as channel 9x met

nirvanica15SamanalyseshaliMeetu_Anuroseinbloom

Priya204 Goldie
Priya204
Priya204

Posted: 16 December 2011 at 2:48am | IP Logged
Samana sorry to interrup tell me honestly are the love stories shown in SP strong like maneet couples hardly interact with one another we always said that maneet lack communication but couples in SP do not have this much communication also they are mere puppets in the hands of their families

geetfangeetnirvanica15-richierich-Samanalyseroseinbloom

Go to top