Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
@Shreya: What month? I thought she would take a good 4-5 months off to party and sleep! πŸ˜†

But I guess she is of the kind to party hard and work harder! And I hope Ekta takes GC also but I am afraid I couldn't stand them being separated by some vamp. It would be horrid.

Ok @all don't hate me for this but I am going to say something out of all honesty. I wasn't ecstatic with what they eventually did to GHSP but I don't think I want a season 2. Please don't hate me or stop talking to me because I love you all too much and I would die without you! But I just think it took so many elements to make GHSP what it was and just getting GC and DD on one show won't do the trick. They would need Barry for one thing because he played a huge part in the shows greatness, good directors, good writers, a good story. And imagine they did come together but this time the people writing the story had no problem with multiple marriages and divorces. It would kill me to see that pair separated and involved in petty sundries.

I just think GHSP was a once in a lifetime thing and I would have loved to see more of it but trying to recreate what we had, in itself would undermine the spontaneous beauty of the show. Did I want it to end so soon, the way it did? Absolutely not! Do I want a Season 2...not so sure. I would prefer to keep GHSP a pure experience forever rather than risk its name being ruined by a desperate attempt at resurrection.

This is of course just my opinion and comes out of fear of seeing something I love ruined even a little bit. SIGH but I would love to see GC and DD onscreen together again some day, if only for those endorsements they are talking about.

PLEASE don't hate me.
Meetu_Anu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Shreya

Agree

but u may be knowing the crazy fan baze Rati and Arjun as a jodie had ...

They had individual fans ..but their JODIE FAN BASE WAS SRONGER...

I can bet that their JODIE FANS didn even bother to watch them individually...

also the story and the co-actors they got were not as strong...

now...how can u know if GC DD get the right people??????

I just read an artical where DD and GC are aware what madness GurTi and Maaneet has created...They even accept that the next project than they get should be more stonger ...

Now see Sanaya...Sanaya and Mohit fans are also there...but then Sanaya got a bit lucky till now..her show has been accepted...because of the story...

also Sanaya Mohit fans know offscreen Sanaya and Mothit are together..so they dont careπŸ˜†
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Ekta if she likes people she will notleave those people and give them best chances  like she has given to her brands like Anita hasnandani,prachi desai but If something goes wrong she sees  that is the end like smriti irani. So people are sometimes scared of her tough decissions. But One who maintain average connection will always have work like hiten tejwani,ronit roy.
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sam, dont worry, we share same views so guys plz dont hate me and stop talking to me  too! πŸ˜• Otherwise it will be only Sam and me talking to each other πŸ˜”πŸ˜† 

GHSP is one of a kind undoubtedly. When the makers cant recreate and replicate the magic with frenemy and behna show, then all I feel is the script needs to be REALLY different and strong. Bcuz expectations are also bound to be high and we are going to compare it with the old scenes. But knowing the powerhouse of talent that Gurti are, I hope they are offered something out-of-the box. 

Edited by shreya- - 12 years ago
roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sammy:: I get what you're trying to say .. but here .. I don;t want them doing something to compare with GEET in particular.. I'd rather they have a fresh story to work with .. doesn't have to be as Geet and Maan .. could be totally new characters/names/plots.. its the fact that we want these two stars together because we KNOW they work together yknow? I'm sure everyone would be happy should they do a completely new show together with new names and all .. it wouldn't be compared with Geet then because, like you said, Geet is a masterpiece and cannot be recreated =)

Soo I would love to see them back .. in a show .. but not so that they try and salvage what happened with this show but so that they can work together in a new environment with different roles to play .. bcz I'm selfish and I want to see only these two together .. and WHY would we hate you for that?! Tum bhi na!

Z
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Shreya: PHEW! I feel like I got a huge weight off my chest. And yeah I agree, when expectations from us were so high for each track, and we were SO disappointed each time (after marriage), I can only imagine what it would be like for a new season and nobody could ever measure up, I don't think and we would be left angry and frustrated again, begging for a season 3! I too hope they are offered something refreshing, together or apart (again, don't hate me! Actors need to work with lots of people to explore their scope. I would love to see them together again some day but maybe after they have tried working with other people for a few months/years/one show?)

@Anu: See you have basically pointed out the issue yourself. It's story. No matter how amazing a jodi is, if the story falls flat so does the show and the actor. And unfortunately, a good story is a rarity on Indian TV. And what are you saying? Rati Pandey's show is doing pretty well and only faltering a little because they are not being clear about...again, the story. Look at KMH2...It had the most sizzling jodi of the times around and yet, it completely failed from what I hear again, because of story. I do not want to see this happening to the GC-DD pair. But I also trust them not to sign anything that is not exemplary so we just have to hope for the best for them. 😊
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
priyachand thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@Samana

i do agree recreating same magic s not so easy. why cant we aim for sthng evn better. season 2 will work, if it has a gd storyline, gd team, better PH.

@All
for me it still has not sinkd! only whn 9.30 p.m , no geet, i dont know wht i'll do? feeling a gaping hole n heart.

is dis really end to our maaneet? wht r d chances of season2?

if birdies news r true, wht do we do? we cant blame d actors, life has to go on.

if DD's balaji news s true, as many suggestd, we shd probably req her 2 take GC too. imagine d hype, trps evn b4 show \goes on air. dat lady s very smart n listens to fans. we  can get our gurti back bt maaneet no. one doubt is - gurtiin ekta's show!!!???
Meetu_Anu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Samy
Let us accept a fact...

In channels like Star Plus, Colors and Zee what sells is DRAMA and not CHEMISTRY more...

now worst is this dumb LIFE OK channel has headed to the same direction or worst...

So now..any show GurTi come will be involving  Drama..good bad or ugly...

Now may be that is one reason why GC DD were happy with their Maan and Geet characters which was pure love and not DRAMA...

NOW...what fans are fighting for is to get GurTi together as lead...hoping in a good show...
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Anu: I know right.. Arti had majority of fans than individual fanbase.. just like our Gurti.  I read that article where they said they are aware of the craze for them.. why aint they doing an ad together?  
roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
PS: I do NOT want these two working with Ekta.. no matter how big and famous and well-known .. I just DO NOT want them working with her because their future will be crap .. I've seen it happen with most of her shows.. GurTi won't be spared from her either.. she flies high on her horse ...

Z