Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Why didnt II 2 recreate magic this year?

Poll Question: What ws the main reason behind this season being a damp squib?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [11.76%]
8 [15.69%]
5 [9.80%]
1 [1.96%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [5.88%]
25 [49.02%]
3 [5.88%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:34am | IP Logged

An Amey- Karu final would have been a such a good ending to an otherwise average season of II. Why is that the Indian Idol seems to be unable to capture the imagination of the viewers in only its second year, while the original American Idol rides popularity charts fifth year in the running. Pls vote and comment too!

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:43am | IP Logged
comments pls? Smile
abhi_fan Senior Member
abhi_fan
abhi_fan

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:47am | IP Logged
It's hard to point out one reason. Voting trends might have the biggest role. Though some controversial voting was there even in II1 (Ravinder Ravi). Quality of singers is also not as good as II1. Just think about Abhijeet, Rahul, Amit, Prajakta and Aditi...so many talented and hard working contestants. Basically, the focus this time has shifted to voting trends, regional bias, arguments between judges, argument between the hosts and judges. In II1 the focus was on singing and talent. Another thing that I feel is that the choice of songs in II2 was very poor compared to that of II1.
abhi_fan Senior Member
abhi_fan
abhi_fan

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Hmm...those are my personal opinions. No offence to II2 fans! Smile
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by abhi_fan

It's hard to point out one reason. Voting trends might have the biggest role. Though some controversial voting was there even in II1 (Ravinder Ravi). Quality of singers is also not as good as II1. Just think about Abhijeet, Rahul, Amit, Prajakta and Aditi...so many talented and hard working contestants. Basically, the focus this time has shifted to voting trends, regional bias, arguments between judges, argument between the hosts and judges. In II1 the focus was on singing and talent. Another thing that I feel is that the choice of songs in II2 was very poor compared to that of II1.

Ya abhi_fan...u are absolutely right i think...the focus is not there...everyone seems to be distrated somehow..rite from the judges to the contestants to even the hosts...my feeling...correct me if I am wrong

And wonderful point abt choice of songs...they have been lousy on the whole with a very few exceptions...

Just to take Antara for example...she I feel never show cased here talent well by picking up the songs that she did...I heard Simon in AI the other day commenting upon the songs should be singers songs...they need not be popular but they should bring out the best of your voice....and I agree totally Ouch

Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:58am | IP Logged

insaan voting karne ki galti baar baar nahi karta..
coolsonu IF-Rockerz
coolsonu
coolsonu

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 4:01am | IP Logged
I think a bit of all the factors mentioned is responsible for II being so UNmagical this year..
First and foremost, the voting trends wch are so regional..
secondly..the judges..they hav b'come so boring as they don't hav to do anything since janta is deciding...and they are jus' more interested in arguments..
thirdly ppl are laying alot of emphasis on the X-factor..

but I don't agree on bad quality of singers...I don't think that the singers are of bad quality..There were goodquality singers like Monali, Meenal,Antara and of course AMEY!!and we hav karunya still.But the janta had voted all the gud/brilliant singers...and ppl like anuj are sitting in da top3!! Angry
abhi_fan Senior Member
abhi_fan
abhi_fan

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 4:01am | IP Logged
very well said giggles...i completely agree. everyone seems to have lost their focus. and as for choice of songs...it should be such that singers can prove their strengths as well as their versatility. The Indian Idol 2 album Wo Pehli baar is really disappointing in terms of choice of songs. Thumbs Down

Go to top