Pavitra Rishta

TV Review: 'Pavitra Rishta' leaps and meets expect

Pinky1975 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

TV Review: 'Pavitra Rishta' leaps and meets expectations

By Asha Mahadevan

Hiten Tejwani and Ankita Lokhande stand out in an otherwise tepid starcast of the show

Hiten Tejwani recently admitted that it is impossible for any two actors to recreate the chemistry one of them shared with their real life partner on screen. He was speaking about Ankita Lokhande and her fiance Sushant Singh Rajput, since he was replacing Sushant as Ankita's onscreen husband on Pavitra Rishta. However, we must say Hiten is doing a pretty good job of it.

Pavitra Rishta has taken an 18-year leap and Manav and Archana are now parents to teenaged children. Ovi, Tejaswini and Sachin live with Manav in Canada while Archana has adopted Poorvi and is in Mumbai. Manav still has the support of his friend DK and has risen in the businessworld so much that he is being honoured with an award for 'Indian Businessman of the Year'. That day also happens to be his wedding anniversary, a fact his children and his mother are determined he shouldn't remember. Meanwhile, Archana goes to the temple that day to pray for her husband as it is their anniversary. Her mother is against it, but Poorvi is supportive. This is an Ekta Kapoor serial, so don't ask how it can be the morning of the anniversary in Mumbai and the night of the same date in an unnamed city in Canada when India is ahead of the North American country in terms of time zones.

The first episode was a bit slow, but it picked up in the second episode and a point which we already know is made clear ' that Archana doesn't know where Manav is, but Manav is unaware of that fact and is upset she hasn't bothered to call all these years. Hiten looks really suave with his spectacles and suit, while Ankita looks exactly the same as she did earlier. That's a bit confusing when it comes to the several flashback sequences that peppered the two episodes so far. Hiten and Ankita really nail their chemistry in these scenes and it is a joy to watch them. However, Shruti Kanwar doesn't really engage your attention as Ovi, while Mrinalini Tyagi's Tejaswini seems too much like a Mumbai brat when she is supposed to have grown up in Canada. The same goes for Usha Nadkarni's Savita. Here's a woman who has lived in Canada for 18 years, and she is still clueless that women wear short dresses? Come on! What we missed most was the absence of Puru Chibber. His character Sachin is said to be on "a business tour" but we wish we had got to see him. He would have perked up the show a bit. We'll get back to you once he is introduced. As of now it seems Hiten is right ' those who had stopped watching the show will return. Any regrets, Sushant?Edited by Pinky1975 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swati_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Well Sushant will really not regret quitting this show . Infact he is looking  happy even after his exit from the show called  PR . He did not take this decision in a haste but had planned it few months before .
I am glad Hiten is being appreciated but i am very happy for Sushant as well 😊
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sorry double post Edited by nikitagmc - 12 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
As a Sushant fan I am certainly happy that he left this show to explore other avenues. The show had lost its charm long back, plus he had got all that he could have possibly attained and learned from it. As of now the story seems like a rehashed version of Kyunki where Tulsi and Mihir were separated and she adopted a daughter who later became part of the Virani family.

Thanks for sharing. All the best to the PR cast for the journey ahead.
Edited by nikitagmc - 12 years ago
suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Swati_

Well Sushant will really not regret quitting this show . Infact he is looking  happy even after his exit from the show called  PR . He did not take this decision in a haste but had planned it few months before .

I am glad Hiten is being appreciated but i am very happy for Sushant as well 😊

Swati,
Agree with you completely. That's my opinion when I read the article. The reporter is trying to make it sound as if PR has returned to it's glory days when the script was great and the viewers were glued to their tv sets watching the show. That's not the case at all! This reporter should look at all of Sushant's pictures taken since he quit PR. If she did, she wouldn't have written the last line.
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
How well the show is doing will be determined by the TRPs of the show .

I agree that Hiten and Ankita are working hard and now their chemistry as Manav and Archana is also improving a lot .They both are good actors and after leap they seem to be the best reason to watch the show ..Otherwise the show itself has a really strange story line which is not making that much sense to me .

I was also disappointed with Ovi and Teju ( liked Teju's character but the girl looks really old ) ...Waiting to see the guys now ..

This review could have been good but the last line spoiled it for me .What was the need to drag Sushant's  name in it ? He is happy and he should always be respected for his contribution to PR ...
Edited by Tanyaz - 12 years ago
Cupcake4GHT thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the article,love to hiten ,he is fitting into his role really nicely,all the best to pr and the cast
gremlin. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah Right! 

This website or its reviews or articles (If I am not wrong this is the third one from this site?) yeah doesn't really hold any credibility for me...so meh, whatever!
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
the foundation ( or premise .. or whatever you wanna call it..) has been damaged to such an extent that .. whatever repair work they try to do to resurrect it .. makes things worse ...

I mean , you can repair a few cracks in a building ... but these writers have repeated hacked the show at the base so many times .. that whatever they do now ... its just not possible to forget all the crazy things that have happened in the show .. all the weird behaviour of all the characters .. all their actions ...

Anything the writers do now to "save" the show.. would just feel fake... ...

PR has been damaged way too much  ...

Edited by lunza - 12 years ago
ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tanyaz

This review could have been good but the last line spoiled it for me.What was the need to drag Sushant'sname in it ? He is happy and he should always be respected for his contribution to PR ...[/DIV]

Totally agree wid this part Tanya di...πŸ‘πŸΌ there was no need to drag Sushant's name in it😑 he has left the show 4 good & he is happy wid his decision so as his fans
Edited by Tazeen_Rida2004 - 12 years ago