Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (Ek Ladki Anjani Si)

India-Forums

Kanchi shops till penniless

jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
 Kanchi shops till penniless
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 25, 2006

Kanchi Kaul
For Kanchi Kaul (Anu of Ek Ladki Anjaani Si) it was not just a case of shop till you drop — but splurge till you are left penniless!

A short visit to Bangkok recently left the actress stranded without any cash, and by the time realisation dawned, it was too late.

"I was so preoccupied in my shopping that it did not even occur to me that the money I had was getting over. I was left without hard cash in a foreign country."

Dho daala!

Kanchi was in the Thai capital to shoot for a shampoo commercial. "I didn't have much time left after the shooting, so I went berserk. I shopped for girlie things — clothes, accessories, and cosmetics — whatever I fancied.

And when it came to finally buying a bottle of water, I realised I didn't have enough for it. When I told the shopkeeper that I didn't have money to buy water, you should have seen his face!"

Saved by a pal

The actress's predicament was solved by a friend who was also in Bangkok, who Kanchi frantically called.

"It was like no hello-hi, but do you have cash to spare? My friend burst out laughing on seeing me. I was loaded with shopping bags but had no money in my purse."

Even though she had a credit card on hand, Kanchi says it was scary. "Imagine buying a small bottle of water with a credit card. You need hard cash, not just a card. Those notes have a reassuring feel to them."

Mega purchase

So what was the most expensive thing she bought? "A fancy eight megapixel digicam," says Kanchi, who made her small screen debut in Sony daily Ek Anjaani Ladki Si. "I am enjoying Ek Kahaani as the show is taking an interesting turn," she says.

Meanwhile, her commercial run is on. "I am doing another shoot for an ad in Hyderabad over the weekend," she says. Carry more cash this time, Kanchi.

</>

buttercup IF-Stunnerz
buttercup
buttercup

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
hey jingu thanks for posting.
but sometime back it has been posted Smile
i have to close the topic Smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top