Sarrkkar..Risshton Ki Ankahi Kahani

Bring Dada back! Rohit Roy on Ganguly

Jaslove IF-Rockerz
Jaslove
Jaslove

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Bring Dada back!

Rohit Roy
Besides acting, Rohit Roy is passionate about cricket. Not only does Rohit follow the matches closely, but he also loves playing the game.

These days, Roy is restless over an issue he thinks needs to be taken seriously. He fervently opposes the decision to exclude former captain Sourav Ganguly from the Indian cricket team, and wants Dada back on the field.

"Rahul Dravid was always a standing captain, so I don't know why was there so much hue and cry when Ganguly was brought back in his place. I am a huge fan of Rahul; he's performed well under pressure. But as far as leading the team is concerned, I don't think anyone can replace Ganguly," maintains Rohit.

'Give him a chance'

The actor is also peeved that everyone has slammed the doors on Sourav's face without giving him a fair chance.

Sourav Ganguly
"I don't know about the internal politics. I know that the lobby that supported him doesn't exist any more. But as a common cricket watcher, I have the right to know why he's being denied a fair chance."

Rohit questions how others like Sachin, Sehwag, and Yuvraj can stay in the team even after dismal performances.

"I think the fact that Sachin got booed was bad, but we want him to perform. I don't know why Rahul isn't speaking out in Sourav's defence."

Charity match

Roy recalled playing a charity match with Ganguly once. "He's a very reserved person. But as a leader, there's no one who can match his skills.

I think all these things being written and said about him must be making him lose his self-belief. If the board wants him to pack up, at least give him a respectful farewell. It's sad to see the way he's being treated."

When asked if he has anything to say to Dada, Rohit said, "I want him to never stop believing in himself and keep the faith. We want him back in the team for good."

Premkidiwaani IF-Dazzler
Premkidiwaani
Premkidiwaani

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for posting.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top