India-Forums

Is Reth a Good Guidance?

SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 4:34pm | IP Logged

We all know the basic of the show, about a girl who gets raped and then being accepted by her in-laws. No i am not aganist her fighting for her reputation.

However i am aganist how it is teaching few indian women on how they should accept their husbands second wives.

Why should girls be taught to keep their feelings and emotions hidden while the guy gets to have 5- 6 gfs and drink and go out? Jia has to keep her emotions hidden while that slut is taking advantage of everything.

AM i right in any way?

sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
you are absolutely right..!!! i couldn't have said it any better myself...jia welcomed nethra into the home..and nethra is taking advantage of that...
SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 5:59pm | IP Logged

Thanks i  mean i felt bad for her but she bought trouble along with her.

And as for her feelings and emotions she keeps all of them  hidden all the time

prachi23 Newbie
prachi23
prachi23

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
seriously, this show is not advancing women. i mean i can understand tat she brought netra into the house cuz of family's izzat but wat about her own izzat and her atma sammaan (can't remember the english word rite now).

i don't think that this show is fulfillin itz basic purpose because she was supposed to regain her reputation after her rape (btw, why should she have to do it, it wasn't her fault anyways)

neways, tatz how i feel
shikdumGAL Senior Member
shikdumGAL
shikdumGAL

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 9:25pm | IP Logged

yea ...i agree that Jia welcomed nethra just for their family's izzat.

Jia shud leave the Pandey house and shud divorce Shekhar as a best advice, but at the same time her relation with Gyanji is so pure like father-daughter, that he's making her stay at his house otherwise he won't be able to stay healthy, which wud make Jia hurt. Afterall, which father-in-law wud think somethin like that for his daughter-in-law?

Even Gyanji feels miserable for his son's mistake, but its like Jia also understand that wat it must be like if Shekhar was father of her child and her child happen to fall in gal like Nethra....then Shekhar wudn't be able to say anythin to his dauther-n-law.

Plus, this dadi....i dont understand man'. She is n't telling Pandey Family all about Nethra's madness and her words wud have solved out all of the problems if she had said the truth in court. I mean if she felt her honor will go to drain if she mentioned abt their one day night then she shud at least have said somethin else to let the court decide for outcome n' order short punishment for Nethra. Afterall dadi knew tht Shekhar's pariwar wasn't bad, then she shud have shared all family problems w/ them.

Furthermore, Jia isn't like Rimjhim b/c...look rt now Rimjhim is trying to bring fake Anand into real Avinash by her trust and plan. Jia..in other hand...is not that chalaki or smart or clever to plan to bring her husband back.  Instead, she is trying to solve the family case not her life case, and most of all...she respects people a lot and doesn't speak much bc...as someone said...its better to say nothing than saying something.

I dont knw man'...a man having 2 wives...a woman having...only 1 husband at a time?

Imagine....if shekahr n' jia are enjoying their new life w/ their new child and after some months..... Jia have one night w/ a guy...and later she gets pregnant by that guy, too? and the guy turns out to be hell-bent like Nethra...then wats shekhar gonna do? will both husband live w/ Jia? then who will? any guess....?lolz...can't wait to hear ur comment...i'll tell u mine later.Wink By the way...ther shud be a serial like this one...then it wud be lot of fun. if there is any.......tell me!LOL

sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

what ur suggesting is kinda how rakesh is buddy..

SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 31 March 2005 at 4:55am | IP Logged

I know what u are saying however if jia had an affair do u think shehkar would accpet her one after another? guys thinking is totally different. We as in girls area taught to fight for our rights and do what we are told but guys its like she cheated on me i am leaving and kicking her out.

If my in laws ( in future) sons cheated on me i leave no matter how sorry he is .

And u made good points

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top