Balika Vadhu

Why did Phooli not lock the door of the house?

tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
One of the things that was puzzling to me was why Phooli, when she left with the baby did not bother to close the door or lock the door from the outside -- i think that would have been my natural reaction in that moment.

Yes, it would take one minute more -- but in the long run would provide me with some more running time incase my stupid creepy naata inlaws woke up and realized the baby was gone... or even that all the series of doors behind me were wide open. 

Instead, she left the outside door (door to the courtyard where she was banging the previous night to be let in) wide open too.

I understand that she was just in a flight mode -- and that this was not some sort of carefully planned through strategic plan she had in mind -- it was just instinct and the opportunity presented itself and she took it -- but still i keep putting myself in such a situation and i honestly think i would have locked the door behind me and then run like the wind with the child.

Here these people just caught up with her within 5 minutes.  She hadnt even turned the corner poor thing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sudss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
may be that thought didnt even cross her mind...

i am more surprised that the baby did not wake up...  or make a sound...  he was taken from the cradle...  held  possibly in an awkward position while phooli used both her hands to open the lock (kids are so used to comfort that if theres anything uncomfortable, they'll make it known)... and assuming they are showing things kinda real time (we see festivals and all celebrated around the same time in real n in the show) the child was carried out from his cozy warm bed out into the cold December night... and he didnt even cry?? 
shalgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think she was damn scared and did not want to waste even a single minutes...turnaing around and locking the door could have taken some time ( she struggled to open the lock with the baby) and a lot courage...plus very often, village independent houses have more than one door...so locking might not have helped.

Further, that the focus had to move on the Anandi...my pov is that even if phooli escaped with her kid...she would have needed Anandi's help...as her so-called husband family would have created a big hue and cry about stealing the baby...by the "natha" woman.
cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
it was really upsetting :(
mmishra1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sudss

may be that thought didnt even cross her mind...

i am more surprised that the baby did not wake up...  or make a sound...  he was taken from the cradle...  held  possibly in an awkward position while phooli used both her hands to open the lock (kids are so used to comfort that if theres anything uncomfortable, they'll make it known)... and assuming they are showing things kinda real time (we see festivals and all celebrated around the same time in real n in the show) the child was carried out from his cozy warm bed out into the cold December night... and he didnt even cry?? 

That is serial baby... He is borne with  these super power to support his mother. Generally kids knows their mother's lap.
akanksha.anjum thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thats what exactly i thot when she left home...
sudss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mmishra1

That is serial baby... He is borne with  these super power to support his mother. Generally kids knows their mother's lap.

lol.. may be thts why... being the serial baby comes with a totalay different set of talents ðŸ˜‰...  most of new moms have a tough time with the baby waking up at the drop of a hat!  

jut got reminded of tht ad by a mobile service provider (a lady tip toeing the baby to a cradle and letting out a sigh of relief when the fone rings and the child wakes up) it looked so real 😊