Kkusum

Aashka set for success

currentchaos Goldie
currentchaos
currentchaos

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
   Saturday, March 25, 2006

Four to tango
Meet the four ladies of the reality travel show Jet Set Go Like Tasneem Shaikh, Aashka Goradia too had met with an accident recently. To be precise, on February 3 this year when she was on her way to Ahmedabad by car the accident, though not fatal, caused multiple fractures on her hand and injuries on her mouth. Nine days after that she was shooting for Jet Set Go. "It helped me come out of the trauma. And it was challenging," says Aashka who is so thrilled with reality television that she says next time if a reality show comes her way she will not even think twice before saying yes.

"It's a fabulous experience," she gushes. "It's so real and such great fun to meet people and share their happiness, sadness and emotions." Perhaps it feels great because Aashka has just finished with her long stint in Kkusum where she played the protagonist's daughter Kumud. "For one-and-a-half-years I played the pivotal role as after the generational leap I became the protagonist of the show," she avers.

Playing Kusum's daughter brought her close to Mansi Joshi who played her mother in the serial. "I adore and admire her completely," she reveals. "There is nothing that I can't tell her and her husband Rohit Roy. They are my best pals in the television industry."  The actress says that she is gifted with abundant patience. It's because she went through two years of hard struggle for roles.

"Nothing seemed to go right. Of course I wasn't desperate for a career in television acting and could have shifted to something else but I had patience and didn't give up." Perseverance pays. She acted in a forgettable comedy Acting Acting on SAB TV. "I am thankful to Rajan Waghdare for giving me a break." It lead to a bigger and better role in Achanak – 36 Saal Baad, that didn't last long. But things changed with Kkusum and Aashka is looking forward to her forthcoming serial about which she is absolutely tightlipped

aish2 IF-Sizzlerz
aish2
aish2

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 3:37am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top