India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

II2 vs SRGMP...why so much difference?

ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
I'm referring to the overall standard of singing. I was watching EMAET yesterday, and it seemed like all these people (including the worst of the lot) were better than II2 singers (other than Karunya and AMey, and Meenal to some extent). 

Is SRGMP's audition process more picky?  Or does II2 focus so much on 'performance' (which in my IMO should also mean singing), that they compromise the singing aspect?

sinamika IF-Achieverz
sinamika
sinamika

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
the matter is that in II@ they are just focusing on looks not on singing but in SRGMP they focus more on singing than looks
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
I have felt the same.

I dont understand the point of II till date. I really enjoy that program, but when we already had a reality show like SRGMP, Sony just need II to start TV wars.. II comes with the international tag line of being an extention of American Idol, but Americal Idol is one of its kind so it makes sense to have it here.. In Indian context, it doesnt..

If you watch American Idol, I've strongly believed that the singers on that platform are singers first and performers later.. thier singing is really good..

Unfortunately II gets diluted there.. they knew that SRGMP is there to bring out musical talent, we need a 'complete' package..

Refer to my thread about X factor, it was why I asked the same question..

At the end of the day, we need 'singers'.. Sonu Nigam was not aperformer till very late in his career.. so it clearly shows that X factor is soemthing that can be brought about, but not singing..

I think SRGMP's audition more picking because of the quality of singers that come. Jolly Das, a contestant from II 2 who couldnt take part because of an attack of Pox also was there in SRGMP C05, she sang after Hemu during auditions, and she sang the same song for both II and SRGMP auditions.. in II, she managed to get uptil Galas, in SRGMP, she didnt even get to the gharana phase!   her singing wasn't that bad..just tat for SRGMP level, its not good enough..

More over, the singers on SRGMP are more classically trained.. and SRGMP doesnt focus on silly things like dancing, closing eyes, holding audience hands n rubbish like that.. which makes it a more serious program and less TRPS Disapprove

So many of my friends prefer II because of the 'fun' stuff they do.. n SRGMP doesnt have that.. so its really sad...
ab_srgmp Goldie
ab_srgmp
ab_srgmp

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Farah is a BAD judge. For her, performance is completely the dancing aspect. I don't think she has an ear for music. Compare her to her american counterpart Paula Abdul, she is a singer, dancer and choreographer.

That's why Sandeep has made it this far. Farah likes his 'performance'. I don't know why Karunya and Amey went for II instead of SRGMP.

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
I have a feeling Karunya purposely took part in II because he didn't want to compete with his cousin..

I think Hemu didn't take part in II because of age, he would have been 16 when the auditions for II 2 started (it was in june i think..) I guess that was too young an age..

as for Amey, he had already taken part in SRGM, but he never got his due credit. Abhijit Sawant's overnight success might have forced him to take part in II..

Farah is a HORRIBLE judge..she has an ear for music, Main Hoon Na had some fab music...but she is absolutely silly when it comes to performance.. How HOW HOW can u sing hddcs without closing your eyes..it spoils the beauty of the song..

Karunya is doing a smart thing.. he never pics a song where he has to close his eyes.. so atleast Farah Khan can shut up.. the only time he closed his eyes was during Lagan Lagi and she said it didn't touch her heart.. what the hell does she want ?!?!?

And besides, her pet Amit Sana used to close his eyes.. so much.. nad he had a SUPER connection with the audience..
amritha19 Goldie
amritha19
amritha19

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

I have a feeling Karunya purposely took part in II because he didn't want to compete with his cousin..

I think Hemu didn't take part in II because of age, he would have been 16 when the auditions for II 2 started (it was in june i think..) I guess that was too young an age..

as for Amey, he had already taken part in SRGM, but he never got his due credit. Abhijit Sawant's overnight success might have forced him to take part in II..

Farah is a HORRIBLE judge..she has an ear for music, Main Hoon Na had some fab music...but she is absolutely silly when it comes to performance.. How HOW HOW can u sing hddcs without closing your eyes..it spoils the beauty of the song..

Karunya is doing a smart thing.. he never pics a song where he has to close his eyes.. so atleast Farah Khan can shut up.. the only time he closed his eyes was during Lagan Lagi and she said it didn't touch her heart.. what the hell does she want ?!?!?

And besides, her pet Amit Sana used to close his eyes.. so much.. nad he had a SUPER connection with the audience..
cudn't agree more madhavi. i guess the plan was for Hema to win SRGM an dkaru to win II and it shud hav been tht way. i dun think age was a factor in hema not goin to indian idol but i'm guessing hema was earlier under tht misconception tht he was not too good a performer.

Farah ufffff..... i go deaf when she picks up the mike. seriously her comments are meant to be ignored and i hate it when she passes dumb comments on singing like its a nursery rhyme n wot not.... she shud just shut up when shez dosn't kno enough about music to comment...it just makes her look stupid. anu i quite annoying as well, with his irrelevent shayri, somtimes he makes me wonder if he actually is listening or just too busy thinking of wot to sayTongue.

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by amritha19

Originally posted by madhavir108

cudn't agree more madhavi. i guess the plan was for Hema to win SRGM an dkaru to win II and it shud hav been tht way. i dun think age was a factor in hema not goin to indian idol but i'm guessing hema was earlier under tht misconception tht he was not too good a performer.

Farah ufffff..... i go deaf when she picks up the mike. seriously her comments are meant to be ignored and i hate it when she passes dumb comments on singing like its a nursery rhyme n wot not.... she shud just shut up when shez dosn't kno enough about music to comment...it just makes her look stupid. anu i quite annoying as well, with his irrelevent shayri, somtimes he makes me wonder if he actually is listening or just too busy thinking of wot to sayTongue.

I totally agree Amritha.. I think Hemu didn't take part because he felt he didn't have the II looks... man.. thank god he didnt go to II.. SRGMP was so much better for him... there Farah Khan would torture him.. and Anu Malik even more with his shayari !!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top