India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Another Samir Soni Interview!

RTee IF-Sizzlerz
RTee
RTee

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Dont' think this one has been posted yet. He seems to have been very busy giving interviews on 10th October 2004. Mostly the info is repetitive, some of the new info has been made bold.

THE PIONEER Sunday, October 10, 2004

'Even Jassi can look beautiful'

Ruchika Thapar

If I ever happen to meet someone like Jassi in real life, I might just fall in love with her. It's often said that never judge a book by its cover. It all depends on how much time you spend together and understand each other. If you share strong love vibes, then even Jassi can look beautiful."

That's Samir Soni, aka Purab, giving hope to not-very-pretty women convincing that they too have a chance of getting a 'Prince Charming'. "It isn't easy playing a modern-day knight in shining armour," chuckles Samir.

After acting in a couple of bollywood flicks, telly serials and music videos, Samir is ready for his next release, Dance like a man, directed by Pamela Rooks. However, he admits that it was the character of 'Purab' in Jassi jaisi koi nahin that catapulted him to instant fame.

"Purab is someone who is completely adored as a friend, brother and son. He inherits all the desired qualities of a perfect damaad," says Samir. But, is Samir like Purab? "Oh yes, in many respects. I am an introvert and I don't like partying too much. And quite like Purab, work is my passion." says Samir. Otherwise, he is a simple guy who likes reading biographies, especially that of Bruce Springsteen. "I also like Paulo Cohello's The Fifth Man. I love listening to Gayatri mantra and am very fond of eating pizzas and butter chicken with naan.

What about your love-life? " I am a one woman man," expresses Purab. Ironically, our memory says that he was married to model Rajalakshmi, now wife of actor Rahul Roy. Also recently, he made news for his love affair with late former Miss India Nafisa Joseph.

Being a famous model, Samir started his career with an advertisement for an American company. Thereafter, his career graph kept rising, as he soon grabbed ads for Motorola, Pepsodent, Fair & Lovely and lots more. However, 'A Mouthful Of Sky', was his first big break on small screen, where he shared the screen presence with Milind Soman .

He started his film career with much forgettable China Gate, directed by Raj Kumar Santoshi. Though he says that he expected a better launch, never the less, the fact that he grabbed a chance to prove his acting capabilities with ace actors like Amrish Puri, Om Puri and Naseeruddin Shah cannot be ignored. He has also played cameos in Lajja and Baghban.

Much excited about his next release Dance like a man, Samir believes that it is the crossover films he would love to do. Why? Not because he hasn't got too many bollywood films on his platter, but because he is comfortable with the English medium.

About Dance like a man, Samir sums it up saying a dialogue from the film itself, "A woman in man's world is considered progressive. A man in woman's world is considered pathetic." He adds, "I play the role of a business man's son, a simple guy who tries to woo his fiance's (played by Anoushka Shankar)parents. It is my character that adds colour in the film."

Your future projects? "People will soon see me playing an exciting character for the male version of celebrated US sex drama "Sex and the city". So, for more of Samir, wait and watch.

yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 6:10am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing arti !
SweeT_F Newbie
SweeT_F
SweeT_F

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 7:18am | IP Logged

hey is the avatar working? because when i try to download samir pic it doesnt work

Thanks

sweetgal Groupbie
sweetgal
sweetgal

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 9:35am | IP Logged
thnxx for sharing this article arti !!
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by artijain

" I am a one woman man," expresses Purab. 

thnx for sharing arti......

and this qoute is for all u gals who thought he was a three...no five-timer......in fact the entire qoute was something like this " I am a one woman man,(IDES being that paragon)"EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed.....the jealous editor decided to make away withthe last part otherwise u ladies would have had ur proof tdayWink
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 11:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ides

Originally posted by artijain

" I am a one woman man," expresses Purab. 

thnx for sharing arti......

and this qoute is for all u gals who thought he was a three...no five-timer......in fact the entire qoute was something like this " I am a one woman man,(IDES being that paragon)"EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed.....the jealous editor decided to make away withthe last part otherwise u ladies would have had ur proof tdayWink

No Ides b/c I happen to know that the editor deleted my name out of it b/c it is a private matter b/n me and Samir....unless, he is still five-timing and purposely leaving out the name so each of us thinks he means our name!! Angry

alliha Senior Member
alliha
alliha

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 11:46am | IP Logged

thanks artijain!

heyeon Groupbie
heyeon
heyeon

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 11:53am | IP Logged

Samir soni in Sex and the city...LOL..plz tell me this is a joke. Seriously it will be hilarrious to see this kid of rendition of SATC

Go to top