India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Is Ishaa a damsel in distress?

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:55am | IP Logged
After a series of box office rejections, Ishaa Koppikar seems to be one damsel in distress. The 'Khallas' girl's take on being a struggler in the infamous industry.

Your proximity with Ram Gopal Verma has always been talk of the industry. What's your take?

Lot of people think that I am close to Ram Gopal Verma and that's why I get his films which is absolutely rubbish! I am not romantically involved with him and we have a very professional relation. He offers me a role only when he finds the character suitable for me.

Of late, you have worked for many B-grade films. What's the reason?

These are my struggling days and I know everyone has to go through this phase of their career irrespective of how talented you are.

Do you think not being a star's son matters in Bollywood?

Yes, it does give you an initial push and if you can exploit that then success is all yours. But for a beginner like me, there is no other way than to struggle.

After signing films like Shabri and Don, do you consider yourself among the big league of actors?

After Kya Kool Hai Hum, I think I have been able to send across the message to directors that I am capable of doing good roles. I have also decided that now I will not do flimsy song and dance sequence.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top