Gossip

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged
MALiNI's MUMBAI

Time to celebrate: Rahul and Malini Akerkar
Brunch & the beautiful

Sunday brunching has become quite a trendy pastime for the rich and idle of late, so much so that the city is scrambling to provide bigger and better spreads to entice the ever-willing glitterati for a few fashionably dressed hours of leisure over champagne and martinis.

Here's a quick look at what's on offer for approximately Rs 1,500 to Rs 3,000 per head:

— Indigo (still my favourite) offers a lavish buffet, a variety of fruit-based shooters and a live band. In fact, the who's who of the city can expect an invitation as Rahul and Malini Akerkar celebrate their restaurant's seventh anniversary over brunch on April 2.

— The Dome at the Intercontinental is also quickly becoming a downtown favourite since it holds the added attraction of a swimming pool (although I'm told you can't drink while you're in it and they only host private brunches.)

— 'M' at the Hyatt is another fabulous spot to dig into a variety of cuisine and a great place to catch the modelling fraternity wolfing down their salads (unfortunately they've trimmed their unlimited Martini menu down from 40 to around 10.)

— At the Oberoi, there's a choice between the champagne brunch at Tiffin that offers a fantastic sushi selection along with some live jazz, and the Italian eatery Vetro, which kicks off its weekly brunch this Sunday and boasts a classy 'wine library', jazz trio, caviar and oysters.

— Another fab spread is on offer at Vista at Taj Lands End (which I believe Pooja Bedi frequents often), where you can indulge in beer and champagne to your hearts content.

— On a slightly tighter budget you can opt for the buy-your-own-booze version at Not Just Jazz By the Bay (one LIIT and you're good to go.)

Besides which there's always Starters & More, Spices, The family jazz brunch at La Brasserie (Le Royal Meridien), Cirkus Cirkus or Boulevard (Orchid Hotel). Chances are wherever you wake up on a Sunday, you're never too far from a Sunday brunch!

What are we waiting for? Kaizad Gustad with Neil Nongkynrih (right)
On a heavenly note

Recently, the city was treated to a piano opera "Heaven Can Wait" by Neil Nongkynrih that struck quite a chord with Kaizad Gustad, who is now terribly keen to work with him. (Although I just can't seem to picture it on a Boom type soundtrack.)

It's that time of the year again: Paul Van Dyke
Trance tip

Heads up trippers, the German trance maestro, Paul Van Dyke is planning to return to the city on April 21. For those not in the know, PVD is considered the No 2 DJ in the world and last time he was in town, more than 5,000 people grooved to his beat. This year head to Kamala Mills and enjoy the action along with a laser light show.

(Catch more of Malini on Go 92.5 FM Horn Ok Please 6-9pm)

The clock's ticking: Pamela Anderson
Pam gets it off her chest

Busty babe Pamela Anderson has revealed she has a love-hate relationship with her boobs.

The former Baywatch babe told Heat Magazine that although she's proud of her surgically-enhanced assets she has days when she despises them.

When asked her favourite and worst thing about herself, the bubbly blonde replied, "My breasts and my breasts."

She added: "I have a love-hate relationship with them."

The blonde star — who has two sons, Brandon (9) and eight-year-old Dylan, from her marriage with Tommy Lee — is also concerned her biological clock may prevent her from having any more children.

She said she may have to resort to drastic measures if she is to be a mother again by 40.

"Maybe I have to find a good sperm donor. Sometimes I think I'd like to have another baby.

"I really love children, and once you have two, you might as well have 10.

"But if I do have more kids it'll have to be soon — before I'm 40."

Super stud: Peter Andre with
wife Jordan and son Junior (inset)
Andre: I was a total whore

Peter Andre has admitted he was "a total whore" before he met his glamourous wife Jordan. The Aussie singer (33) bedded countless girls on tour and enjoyed threesomes.

Peter, who now has a son, Junior, with Jordan, said, "My manager told me not to sleep with a groupie in every town I played, as I'd never get invited back.

"So I'd collect the girls' phone numbers and sleep with them all on the return leg! The best thing was having two women and just watching them have sex."

Peter, who met Jordan (27), on TV jungle hit I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Outta here, added, "I've done just about all there is to do sexually. I once got a bit fruity with a girl I met on a plane. I was basically a male slut and a total whore."

His revelations in Loaded magazine could be a blow for Jordan, who recently admitted she suffers jealous rages over Peter's past.

I also have a rhinestone whip and rhinestone handcuffs
- Carmen Electra, on how she keeps things interesting with husband Dave Navarro

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top