Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Yash Chopra to direct again

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:03am | IP Logged

Yash Chopra

Even as Yash Raj Films prepares to release its next, Fanaah featuring, Kajol and Aamir Khan, on May 26, the production house is on a new high. Yash Chopra has decided to direct another film.

"It took  me nearly seven years after Dil To Pagal Hai to direct another film because  I couldn't find the right script, until my son Aditya told me about Veer-Zaara. But now I'm ready to direct again," says Chopra.

Dream studio

The prolific filmmaker, who has given hits in every decade, 1960s onwards, has already found a subject. "It will take some time to get the script ready. But I'm definitely starting my film before the year end. I'd started earlier.

But my son and I were busy with the creation of our dream project, Yash Raj Studios. Now that it's on, we're both ready to direct a film."

Is the script a remake of Chopra's own Kabhi Kabhie? "All I can tell you at this moment is that I am NOT re-making Kabhi Kabhie. I don't know who started this rumour. I'd rather make a film based on a new idea."

Fave actors

Chopra's film will most likely star Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. "These are my two favourite actors. Amitji and I have known each other for 35 years. We've gone beyond a director-actor relationship.

We're friends. If he wants me to make a film, I'll do it happily. And he can never say no to me," the veteran director says.

Songs by Lata

And the film is bound to have songs by Lata Mangeshkar. "She's my sister and I'm so proud of her. Even at 75, she has sung perfectly in Veer-Zara, giving the songs unimaginable emotion. Yeh agar bhagwan ki kripa nahin hai, to aur kya hai?

That's why I say she's one singer who doesn't follow music — music follows her. When I see her, I feel very small and humbled. There are no words to describe her. She's truly the Bharat Ratna. I'm blessed to have her love."

srk_kadz IF-Rockerz
srk_kadz
srk_kadz

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:36am | IP Logged
THANKS!!!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top