chianti05

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:40am | IP Logged
fire on ice,

like your screen name. we belong to the same league!Hug

Sima Samuel Senior Member
Sima Samuel
Sima Samuel

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:59am | IP Logged

oh yes.. he showed what he was made of with that song... that voice... just amazing...he sang it so beautifully that it made you complete forget the original one sung by Hariharan ... Clap Clap Clap
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:02am | IP Logged
chianti05 ji, welcome to the group of us people who go absolutely MAD after hearing Hemu's songs !! Join the fan club...

Yups, his Nahin Saamne was something else.. personally I thought Ramta Jogi or Hay Rama was harder.. but Nahin Saamne, he really changed the song.. its very very different from the original..

I used to love the original..now the original version sounds dry compared to Hemu's version..

I guess this got a lot of praise because it was his last performance, and he left giving such a fantastic performance that it was hard to believe that HE was voted out.. besides on this forum atleast, a lot of people (includin muyself) believed that Hemu never recd. his due credit from the mentors.. so leaving the show in such style was somethin else.. besides.. his last few performances were mind blowing.. Hay Rama, Tanhayee, Tumse Milke, Vande Mataram, Ramta Jogi, Mitwa and finally Nahin Saamne...

His telugu songs are good too.. I really liked the title track Smile

Wishing him all the best ! Clap Clap
chianti05 Groupbie
chianti05
chianti05

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Madhaviji,

Thanks a lot for your welcome.

I had heard Nahin sammne a few times when the movie taal was released. My impression of it was that it was another nice song.It never made that great an impact that I would listen to it over and over again.

But Hema changed it all.He has given it his own touch, been more creative, terrific rendition and the result is absolutely fantastic.

I would not compare him with Hariharan's singing ability.Hariharan is a stalwart and Hema has just put his foot in.But Iam sure with time, he should be able to get there.

Good luck to him !

Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

I agree shree, I absolutely love Hemachandra's voice. He has such a gift, it's mindblowing. Clap
After reading how much you liked Nahin Saamne I just am listening to it. He is superb, no question about that. His breath control and the way he caressingly brings out every "gamakam" without anyone realising he just switched there.

Exceptional

Edited by Rindam - 24 March 2006 at 2:01pm
Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
http://www.voiceofambition.com/voa/content/view/24/50/

I dont know if this has been posted before but Nahin Saamne by Hemachandra is the first to stream on this website. CHeck it out if you have not already,
oewnaynailf Groupbie
oewnaynailf
oewnaynailf

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
I agree, his voice is absolutely amazing and just brings out your emotions.
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Rindam ji, very well said about the 'gamakams'..

he was absolutely diving in Nahin Saamne, that preyasi part totally blew off the judges mind.. SG was totally into his performance.. and it was very clear that he was upset that Hemu got out..

I mean, his transitions in that song..his finishing..fantastic..

I guess since so many people have talked about Nahin Saamne a lot of his other songs seem over shadowed..but I thought his Tanhayee was the best.. he sang it as good as Sonu and it was phenomenal..hear the ending of the original, Hemu's finishing is better than Sonu Nigam's !! (sorry no offence to Sonu fans, I am a HUGEEE fan of Sonu, but in tat song Hemu takes the cake!)

Same for Hay Rama, I've never really paid attn. to tat song..but after hearing Hemu sing it,I started listening to the original with a difference perspective..

I think what makes Hemu apart from a lot of contemporary reality show singers, for that matter all top 5, they used to sing from their soul, as Diya Mirza said.. it was very evident..they felt every song they sang.. and I think that shows in quality of their voices and songs!

Go to top