India-Forums

Bigg Boss Season 5
Bigg Boss Season 5

Shonali a cricket expert!!!!

ShahZur IF-Sizzlerz
ShahZur
ShahZur

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 4:28pm | IP Logged

Former Miss India, Shonali Nagrani has taken the cricket world by storm with her doze of glamour and cricket expertise.

By Arjun Yadav

A ravishing beauty, Shonali added to Star Cricket's Cricket Crazy's success, with her sharp questions and detailed research.

"It was a conscious effort on my part as I follow a lot of cricket. I had done my research for the ICC World Twenty20 and my homework was accurate."

Shonali, with her energetic smile firmly in place, reiterated her take on the tournament and India's fate when she quipped.

"I had expected India to be knocked out of the ICC World T20 in the Super Eights because there was too much talk on how the pitches would suit India. Though they played well in St Lucia in familiar conditions, the team faltered later on the bouncy tracks in Barbados."

Shonali said it was great 'fun' working with co-host Cyrus Broacha, a famed VJ and one of Indian television's funniest presenters.

"Cyrus is very funny and a great co-host to work with."

Talking of the glam quotient she brought along with her, Shonali said she got to express herself on Cricket Crazy.

"I mixed my attire with western, salwaar suits and new look sarees. This is how I would dress up if I had to go out or if I had to be on any other show. I got to be me.

"Glamour is apart of the process and I don't see any reason to change my appearance.

However, the former Miss India-turned cricket host cum actor, added that women were not only to attract male viewers.

"I don't believe women presenters are only meant to attract men viewers on the show. I would hate people pointing fingers at me and therefore I focused on my research and homework."

Shonali is no stranger to cricket presentation and her experience with Cricket Crazy has only added to her determination to look ahead at further opportunities.

"I love cricket and some of the best moments in my career have been through cricket. I get to experience different cultures and meet different people. Yes if an opportunity arises I would definitely present more cricket shows."

Her fans just don't seem to have enough of her and Shonali knows where to reach out to them: "Well, I am on twitter finally and I can stay in touch with my fans there (Iamshonali). I am looking forward to the experience."

With the ICC World Twenty20 out of the way, Shonali is looking ahead to more cricket and as she says, she would love to lap up more scopes. A lot of fans would be keeping their fingers crossed.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hideyipee

ShahZur IF-Sizzlerz
ShahZur
ShahZur

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
shonali performed teri meri prem kahani with her boyfriend when entering BB ????
VintageRose Goldie
VintageRose
VintageRose

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
I saw her hosting lot of  cricket shows on espn, starsports and sports channels she was studio presenter and also did those field interviewing. my family watches cricket a lot so she was a familiar face for me

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShahZur

wicked gal Goldie
wicked gal
wicked gal

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
she is also a expert at framing people,maybe she should add that to her achievements too.Angry

ShahZur

drifter639 Senior Member
drifter639
drifter639

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
Yes... everyone in india knows that.
Besides world Cup T20, she also hosted the first edition of IPL, which co incidentally were the only season pakistanis were allowed to come and fix (i mean participate).

ShahZur

ShahZur IF-Sizzlerz
ShahZur
ShahZur

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
She should have been engaged in conversation with Andrew , but I never seen them together in BB , she could have brought few good controversies questions out from Andrew!!! 
May be later when Andrew will be more settled , BB will give her scripted question to ask to produce more TRP!!!! 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top