Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Middle Class Values - Page 5

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: momma1128

I understand her not telling, as I mentioned, but I do not understand not telling that she broke off her engagement.  Would you have also made the promise to make sure her marriage stayed in tact to an adulterer??

I don't see the logic behind that one either! I don't think anyone really cares whether Khushi's engagement broke off or not. 
The Raizadas may sympathize, but definitely are not going to lose sleep over it!
I mean her own family completely ignored her plight and did not even console her for it!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZaaraBB thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
I dont understand how her family sent her alone to the Raizadas house to break the bad news...i would think at the least buaji would accompany her 

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sheela83

I dont understand La wanting to keep the privacy of her breakup from the family when their engagement is just a day away. Any comments ?

I think La exercised a good deal of maturity in her decision to withhold telling the family of their break up. She mentioned how it would impact the elders, in particular Mami who already had a problem with Akaash's choice. La, I think understands her (physical) importance to a person as fickle as Mami, and the more traditional reasons Nani holds so dear (that her elder grandson marry first). So, out of respect to the family, and not wanting to rock the boat, keeping in mind the devastating impact their announcement would make on the whole clan, she I think did the right thing, with great cost to her emotional state of mind. - I think it needs to be said that for the first time La behaved the way an elder daughter in law would in a situation like this... SHE was the one who showed ASR how his family would react, SHE found a solution, and SHE convinced him, ensuring that at least one event go smoothly.

Although, HOW they will avoid their own engagement if there is to be a double one remains to be seen.
sheela83 thumbnail
Suppression of facts amounts to falsehood, upon which if you build a relationship, there is  every danger of it collapsing when the truth is eventually revealed.Khushi could have informed of her breakoff, without naming the person concerned. This hiding of facts will land her in trouble tomorrow, giving way to hatred from ASR and all other members.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by: MsUniverse

Anu, I actually do not agree with your charcaterization that it is Khushi's middle class value system that is making her keep quiet...On the contrarary...Payal, bua, abbuji and Khushi all who are from that class strongly believed in disclosing it to Anj...and doing so without wait...The reason she kept quiet is not her values but because she thought she saw a sign...It is more faith in 'seeing signs" than going with her gut and what her value system is...

The other reason was Anj's pathetic eaction to the Mangalsutra breaking...Khushi just did not have the heart to pull Anj out of the La La land..she thought Anj will not be able to take this news...and ended up promising to Anj that she will save her marriage...

I totally agree, it had nothing to do with values it had to do with Khushi seeing Anjali's state. I can understand Khushi keeping quiet for now but I hope this is only temporary. How long will Khushi keep quiet? How long will she be able to face the Raizadas while knowing what a snake Shyam is? Then there's Payal who will soon live at the RM, how will she able to cope with Shyam being there? I really want someone from the RM to find out about Shyam before its too late.
sunaina02 thumbnail
I dont know - why did you refer to "middle class" here . I think you should first define what you mean by middle class. IMO educated middle class is the most progressive class in India.
Hindi TV serials have created a  utopian world  which only exist virtually. Even in this serial Anjali - sister of so called upperclass Arnav is the most un-emancipated woman in the serial .

And female leads  of  seriasl have to be always the over -sacrifing scapegoats.  Khushi is no exception     
Edited by sunaina02 - 12 years ago
LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sheela83

Suppression of facts amounts to falsehood, upon which if you build a relationship, there is  every danger of it collapsing when the truth is eventually revealed.Khushi could have informed of her breakoff, without naming the person concerned. This hiding of facts will land her in trouble tomorrow, giving way to hatred from ASR and all other members.

Excellent point.
In fact--doesn't Payal say the same thing to the Guptas?--that her rishta with Akaash would be founded on a falsehood if they kept Shyam's duplicity to themselves.

Ideally, KKG will tell ASR--and let him decide what is right for ANJ and how to deal with it.
This would be the sensible action--and though it takes a bit of the dramatic edge away--good writers could make it work and give it heart-stopping moments.
Edited by LuvShuv - 12 years ago
john909 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i def do not understand the whole thing.. it is stupid from my pov.