India-Forums

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Smriti to be 250 years

Ambrosia IF-Sizzlerz
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:06am | IP Logged

I think I will be 250 years old after the leap!

Smriti Irani who turned 30 yesterday talks about serial leaps and political binds

Kunal M Shah

Now Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi is taking yet another leap.  How old are you going to be on the show?
I think I will be 250 years old. The age factor in Kyunki… is grossly miscalculated. I have been married for so many years on theshow and Gautam has already had three weddings… So I will be 250 years old and Ba will be 600 years old!

As an actor on the show, do you approve of one more leap?
As an actor I have always loved challenges and yet another leap is definitely challenging.  The show is more than six years old now and every year I have had scenes which people have talked about. So, every time I have come up against challenges I have enjoyed myself.

Apparently you were not informed about this leap by Ekta Kapoor?

I agree that I am still not aware of the description of my character and the way its going to shape up, but that doesn't bother me. Incidentally this is the day when I had signed the contract with Balaji for Kyunki… Over these six years I have never asked Ekta about my track, so why should I start now?

There is going to be a new Tulsi on the show. Does that make you feel insecure?
See, I have no idea about the new Tulsi.  Finally, it's the channel's and the producer's decision. When I don't ask about my own character why should I ask about any other character on the show? As for insecurity, I have been doing this show for six years now and I think I have established myself as an actor. My character has gone through a lot. I have nothing to worry about.

How has Tulsi changed in all these years?

I think she has become fatter! (Laughs). Seriously speaking, she has gone from being the hot-tempered Tulsi, to being much more calm.  Tulsi has gone through so much trauma that it shows on her face now.  And yet Ekta still thinks of new ways of torturing Tulsi on the show!

Everyone says that they have had enough of Kyunki… and Tulsi's character, yet the TRPs have been steady…

Just yesterday I was performing my play maniben.com in Mulund and people came up to me and said that they are tired of watching the torture that I go through on the show. But the TRPs have not changed. I think we should worry only when we see a positive article on Kyunki… Until then I don't think we need to worry about anything.

Apara Mehta said she was unaware of her exit until she read about it in newspapers. Were you aware of it?

I came to know about it when she did. As I've said earlier, I never interfere in the tracks, mine or anyone else's, on the show.

Now, with the 20-year leap, will you have to sport more grey hair?

I am yet to get a detailed description about my look. During the last leap I told Shobhaji (Kapoor) that I should have grey hair but she didn't agree.  This time I think I will convince her to give me some whitener.

How did you celebrate your birthday yesterday?

I was on the sets, working. Yesterday Zubin (my husband) had brought candles and cakes and stuff.

Do you regret getting into politics?

No. I am happy to do whatever I am doing as part of the BJP.

Are you planning to contest for a seat again?

That depends on the party, I can't take these decisions as an individual. In these last few years as a national executive in the BJP, I have done whatever I could do, for the party.

Now you are getting into television production, as well, with Ekta Kapoor.

I don't want to talk about it yet.  All questions about this should go to Ekta as I would like her to do all the talking.

You are also doing films in different languages?

It's always good to do films in different languages as the more the languages, the more the options. I am looking forward to my film shoots.

mayuri180 Senior Member
mayuri180
mayuri180

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Thanks
fakhra Goldie
fakhra
fakhra

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 1:15am | IP Logged
thanx...
Dazzler23 IF-Dazzler
Dazzler23