Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kd286 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: ab_srgmp

I think Hema had it. I feel he really connected with the audience in every song.

very true.......hema certainly had it.....

madhavi_r108 thumbnail

Hmm, so X factor in that case shouldn't have much to do with looks (Quoting Farah Khan : Amit Sana is not conventionally handsome, but he has an X factor), it has a bit to do with your performance and ur interaction with the audience..

So how important is X Factor ?

I know these are really rhetorical questions, but I am trying to understand human mind.. when a voter is voting, assuming none of the people he/she is voting for belong to his/her state or his area, on what basis is he/she voting ?

-X Factor ?
-Singing ?
-Sympathy votes ?
-Or just for the heck of it...
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrspetloverUS

Yes Hema was a total PKG.

who pays for the shipping?😉

soulsoup thumbnail
What was/is the X factor of :

1.Md Rafi
2.Manna Dey
3.Latabai
4.Pt Jasraj
5.Pt B. Joshi
.... 😕

Pata nehi kabse ye alphabet sangeet pe ghus geya? 😕

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: soulsoup

1.Md Rafi
2.Manna Dey
3.Latabai
4.Pt Jasraj
5.Pt B. Joshi
.... 😕

yaar, those were the days when most folks just had radios, no TVs. TV has changed the way we "receive" and want to receive our entertainment.

madhavi_r108 thumbnail

Originally posted by: soulsoup

1.Md Rafi
2.Manna Dey
3.Latabai
4.Pt Jasraj
5.Pt B. Joshi
.... 😕

Yes, my point exactly... What is the need for X factor ?!
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhavir108

Yes, my point exactly... What is the need for X factor ?!

because we do not only "hear" today, we also "see" things thanks to TV.

btw, they say about the famous Nixon-Kennedy debates abt 1960 that if u had heard it on TV, u'd have thot that Nixon had won. but when u saw it on TV, u felt that Kennedy had won. he had a smile, Nixon had a frown and was sweating.

yaar, non-audio factors are very important these days and get used to it. even in public speaking, most of what is remembered the next day is not the content, it is the looks, the body language etc.

even when u are hearing playback music from a CD, u bring ur imagination and ur personal experiences to it. nothing like "pure" music that you only hear. TV has made it all the more obvious that there are other factors at work as well wich influence how we receive what we hear or see.

madhavi_r108 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

because we do not only "hear" today, we also "see" things thanks to TV.

btw, they say about the famous Nixon-Kennedy debates abt 1960 that if u had heard it on TV, u'd have thot that Nixon had won. but when u saw it on TV, u felt that Kennedy had won. he had a smile, Nixon had a frown and was sweating.

yaar, non-audio factors are very important these days and get used to it. even in public speaking, most of what is remembered the next day is not the content, it is the looks, the body language etc.

even when u are hearing playback music from a CD, u bring ur imagination and ur personal experiences to it. nothing like "pure" music that you only hear. TV has made it all the more obvious that there are other factors at work as well wich influence how we receive what we hear or see.

in that case, would u prefer a twinkle or a Nihira , one has X factor and the other has singing factor...

would u prefer a hema chandra or a paresh ?!

lalit1 thumbnail
see for example Fame gurukul arijit and arpita were way better than ruppu qazi 🤢 but still they lost
arpita was a better singer and better in looks also than ruppu but still the audience did not connect bcos she was too proudy

so all in all X factor is the one that makes ppl emotional abt u to vote like mad
like in case of qazi
or debojit
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
nice siggy lalit1 !!!

has 2 of my fave ppl on it !!