Posted: 18 years ago

😕

Edited by ticks - 18 years ago
I think it's some quality about the person that makes them stand out from the rest.

Originally posted by donthavealife

i think it does matter a lot..packaging shud be eye catching to attract the customer and these shows are doing the same thing..they r selling their show to the viewers, that's us and they r adding a twist to these shows with all these so called love affairs, make-overs and all..but i miss the old sa re ga ma .. u saw a simple melodious show without any fights and dramas...1 hour of relaxation time but now its all doggie fighting show 😡

well said donthavealifeji...

well in case SRGMP .. the goal as far as I can remember was always to hunt down talented singers ... in any catagory ... and until recently their main focus was only this ... the X factor issue has i think just surfaced with C2005 with all the make overs .. etc. etc. if you watch the EMAET contest you will see that more focus is always put on Twinkle (who does somehow does not manage to sing all that well these days) the reason .. looks ... she steals the limelight with her jhatkas ... and smile and whatever...

Originally posted by Sima Samuel

well in case SRGMP .. the goal as far as I can remember was always to hunt down talented singers ... in any catagory ... and until recently their main focus was only this ... the X factor issue has i think just surfaced with C2005 with all the make overs .. etc. etc. if you watch the EMAET contest you will see that more focus is always put on Twinkle (who does somehow does not manage to sing all that well these days) the reason .. looks ... she steals the limelight with her jhatkas ... and smile and whatever...

There has to be a reason for bringing up the X factor issue rite ?

If people vote for Abhijeet Sawant over Amit Sana who was def. a better singer..

If people vote for Qazi and Ruprekha over Arijit and Arpita who were def. more trained..

I mean, X factor does matter rite ?Looks do matter right..

Not to put down Sawant, Qazi or Rupu who I think are great in their own place, but just not as good as people they defeated who got 'voted' out..

SRGMP had to bring 'X factor' into account..coz unfortunately they saw tats wat people wanted.. unfortunately it backfired.. I dont think Debo had much 'X Factor' as compared to Vinit, Hemu and Himani..he was a good singer though.. but he won because of so many other reasons..

so it shows that audience is looking or rather voting for some other reason.. which is really sad..
No one has answered one of my questions...

Did you think that top 5 of SRGMP had X factor ?
totally agree with u madhavi.

But i think to some Xtent the x factor is important... i dont think x-factor is only dancing and good looks. Its the entire packaging... like sum one said something special which seperates a person frm the rest. In a way connecting with the audience besides good singing.

Its sad when public chooses a candiate only due to the X-factor. In my opinion X-factor is good only if it is balanced with equally good singing.

Originally posted by madhavir108

paresh had it. I felt hema, himani  had the x-factor even nihira had it... (there was something nice about the way she carried herself). Dunno abt Vinit... maybe it lied in his smile (thts what his female fans say).

It was all that SRGMP was not meant to be during its initial days... at least before Fame and Challenge 2005. 😉
Originally posted by madhavir108

I think Hema had it. I feel he really connected with the audience in every song.