Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

What musical Instrument you like/feel lik (Page 9)

kishore_bhakta Senior Member
kishore_bhakta
kishore_bhakta

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by seema_17

Originally posted by coolsaints11

my favourite is the violin.... i tried to learn it a couple years ago, but had to leave the classes just after 2 months Cry
Seema ji, why you had to leave??Did they graduate you in 2 months and told you that you are doneConfused

LOL i wish, no the thing is that the piano lessons' location was far, and my dad did not have time to take me, and it was also kinda expensiveOuch

Ack! I really feel for you, that you weren't able to learn piano because of that. I hope whenever you are ready and you are able to find a qualified teacher, you will be able to learn and play the piano.

seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kishore_bhakta

my favourite is the violin.... i tried to learn it a couple years ago, but had to leave the classes just after 2 months Cry
Seema ji, why you had to leave??Did they graduate you in 2 months and told you that you are doneConfused

LOL i wish, no the thing is that the piano lessons' location was far, and my dad did not have time to take me, and it was also kinda expensiveOuch

Ack! I really feel for you, that you weren't able to learn piano because of that. I hope whenever you are ready and you are able to find a qualified teacher, you will be able to learn and play the piano.

Bhakta ji i was trying to learn the violin, but yes i like the piano too, we had one in our house till a couple of months back, the previous owners of our house had left it..... i have not learned music, but playing the piano is so easy and pleasureable, i learnt a few song just by playing around on it, but that too was taken away from home as it occupied too much space Cry

kishore_bhakta Senior Member
kishore_bhakta
kishore_bhakta

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
No violin lessons and piano taken away! Cry

I really really feel for you. I had trouble going to college w/o my instruments. Then again, it helped me get better in sur w/o the need to depend on a harmonium or other instrument, but still.. there is something special about playing an instrument.
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by kishore_bhakta

No violin lessons and piano taken away! Cry

I really really feel for you. I had trouble going to college w/o my instruments. Then again, it helped me get better in sur w/o the need to depend on a harmonium or other instrument, but still.. there is something special about playing an instrument.

yes there is something special in playing an instrument. I am not a singer but i do love music a lot. and i have still preserved my violin in hopes that i will re join my piano classes Smile

coolsaints11 Senior Member
coolsaints11
coolsaints11

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:10am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MrspetloverUS

I don't play a single instrument although I would love to start learning to play Piano. I am surrounded by room full of instruments Inidan and Western. My Favorite is Violin, Sarod and Santoor. I also like the way Rudra Veena sounds.
the rudraveena is the main string instrument of dhrupadRudra veena looks interesting...what is the sound like Mrspetlover..Is it like rudar as per name..

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by live_life

i play a keyboard which i have at home and my big bro's guitar but i really wisj to play violin
I think keyboard is fun for some beginner like me...

a keyboard is excellent for beginners. it offers so many instrument sounds.

I used to love the DJ mixes in Yamaha keyboards ... they were hilarious. LOL

Big smileYamaha keyboards must be expensive too?

depends on which one you buy...the 88 key ones cost over $1000-2000 (new one)

But, the one I had was with 76 keys, I think - A new one ranges from $500- $700. Smile

used are way cheaper.

Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MrspetloverUS

I don't play a single instrument although I would love to start learning to play Piano. I am surrounded by room full of instruments Inidan and Western. My Favorite is Violin, Sarod and Santoor. I also like the way Rudra Veena sounds.
the rudraveena is the main string instrument of dhrupadRudra veena looks interesting...what is the sound like Mrspetlover..Is it like rudar as per name..

Rudra Veena's sound is one of the best I feel. But these days you don't get to listen to it much.

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ab_srgmp

Question for the instrument players. What is a good age to get my kid introduced to instrments such as violin, guitar and piano? We have a keyboard that he experiments on, but when can they actually grasp the various notes and so on?

4-5 years is a great age to start an instrument and learn basic music notation.

But, then again, age is not a barrier from learning an instrument. Smile

Go to top