Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Quality Singers (Page 5)

Poll Question: please be honest, which show do you think has better quality singers

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [24.00%]
95 [76.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

sana.abraham Goldie
sana.abraham
sana.abraham

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 7:58pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ranig

Barring Karunya, Amey and Meenal. II2 singers are miserable. Look at SRGMP now . The singers who were not even in the top 12 are better than the singers in II2 who made it to the top.

You cant even think of talking about the top 5 at SRGMP.
They are comparable only to some of the current play back singers already out there.

So, I could care less about how people look or if they can dance etc. These are singing competitions primarily and that's what they should be.

People who talk of II2 performance or looks are just validating their pt that their singing is mediocre.

Karunya must win to regain some class or status lost by the other two singers involved in the competition.

ClapClapi really hope Karunya wins too....because the other two...leave my head with no hope for the future

raj boparai Senior Member
raj boparai
raj boparai

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
i think sa re ga ma pa is da best one & after tht i would say fame gurukul singing wise they had better singers than indian idol sorryyy but no offence singing wise indian idol is at the bottom 4om these 3 shows
sana.abraham Goldie
sana.abraham
sana.abraham

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

Originally posted by karunya_forever

singing of TALENTED ones cannot be compared by us.we can only judge when we exactly know who is better,but sgmp have so many talented singers and ii2 as well,so we cant POSSIBLY compare TALENT of other show WITH THE TALENT of the another one....

If that was the case, then public voting shouldnt be there only !!

The reason we are having public votes (assuming that they are fair) is to pick the voice we like, the voice we want to listen too.. so if they are giving that power, we have full right to judge.. and we really should..

however talented a singer might be, if there is no feeling attached to that song, it doesnt touch the audience..it might be technically perfect..but there is somethin missing.. and sometimes feelings in songs make such a difference..

who are we to comment about Rafi sahab's singing.. but then we do rite.. some of his songs are outstanding..and some just dont sound good enough... just because we rn't muscailly knowledgeable, doesnt mean we dont have a say..

they are singin to entertain us.. we can totally judge..

as for comparin the singers from the rival shows, the purpose of this poll (correct me if i am wrong sana), is to decide..who do u prefer listenin to..who do u prefer watching..do u think X factor matters more than S factor etc etc.. so its a good poll to analyse wat teh audience psyche is..

seein where teh poll is heading, most people seem to like SRGM because of its singing and II 2 because they haven't either seen SRGMP or because they feel that X factor matters more..  so we know that we have a mixed audience..so when we say that Amey didnt' get votes or Karunya didn't get enough vots.. maybe people dont want a singer who can sing classical stuff.. maybe they want a guy who luks cute...

see in SRGMP 05, There were bette singers than Debo (i am sure somewhere deep down, even Debo knows that).. but he still won..why..people felt he needed it more than vinit, hema, himani or nihira who were much younger still had a long way to go...

so wat do the audience see is a question this poll is targetting at..

for starters to be very honest karunya_forever..i dont really know what your talking about..i read your post about 2 times and i still dont get the jist of it (sorry im not trying to be rude or offend you..maybe im just tiredEmbarrassed)..but lets break your comment down...

singing of TALENTED ones cannot be compared by us. - well as madhavir so very perfectly stated...these guys are singing for an audience and expect the audience to vote...BOTH of these shows have the same format when it comes to voting..so im pretty sure..we can "compare" as you put it..

we can only judge when we exactly know who is better,but sgmp have so many talented singers and ii2 as well - i dont know..maybe this is just my arrogancy..but srgmp contestants...MOST of the top 5 if not all....have got themselvs movies to sing for...one of which (vinit) got a deal waayyy back even before the finals..now when it comes to II2...will someone please tell me which singers apart from Karunya (i think) got any movie deals?...because after all this is what these kids want right?..playback deals?...because c'mon if they were really after the personal album thing...im sure they wouldn't participate...almost anyone can just record a cd...

so we cant POSSIBLY compare TALENT of other show WITH THE TALENT of the another one - why not?...we have to hear it na...then we have to vote for them...so im pretty sure...its easy to compare the two shows...

...with II2 FOR ME...(again i stress, i mean no offence)..its pretty easy who to vote for...i just have to find that one guy who stays on sur...quite frankly..i really think those kids need to sit with someone and get trained AS properly as the SRGMP kids do..then focus on impressing the opposit sex.....because..ive yet to a watch a full show and not have 2/3 of the contestants mess up on the sur...or have their voice crack..i mean ok the contestants are "cute"...and they have nice smiles..and great personalities..(but um..correct me if im wrong..but srgmp..has VERY cute boys and girls on it too since this has become such a important thing these days on a SINGING show)..II2 judges are hip and popular...they have celeb guests every week...they have a pretty stage..and 2 hosts....but when the winner does playback..who here is going to see him?...whos going to look at his "x" factor..or "s" factor..all we'll hear is their voice...unless they want to pursue a private career along with playback...even then...ITS ALL ABOUT THE VOICE at the end of the day..unless they start making a entry into bollywood (AMIT TANDON).....it really is annoying when people say things like "sandeep is the best singer"....i mean...c'mon...maybe you really think so..and thats great..your opinion is respected....but from a very technical point of view...its utterly hillarious to say something like that (sandeep fans..sorryEmbarrassed)...but he might be really cute..and bhola seeda type..but lets start judging by singing capability....this is why the good singers get wiped out...girls start voting for the wrong reasons.....

ok anyway

X, S, T , M , P , O factor..whatever factor...both shows have it..im so confused as to why people refer to srgmp as a bland show with a bunch of ugly people and old classical music..i mean wake up folks...srgmp contestants rocked when it came to all fields...except for maybe nihira that too sometimes...all of them put up a show up on stage...sandeep, and anuj dont even do half the stuff..srgmp kids did....even someone like rajeev who was voted out...used to give his blood and sweat on stage..to put up a act...so where does the whole topic of "II2 has XFACTOR"..coem up......II2 lacks the main point: singing...whereas...srgmp is the total package

Edited by sana.abraham - 24 March 2006 at 8:29pm
*xsaher jaanx* IF-Rockerz
*xsaher jaanx*
*xsaher jaanx*

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
sa re ga ma pa
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
sana, very very well said!

I completely agree with you when you say SRGMP contestants had X factor.. and they were cute.. Hemu is like HOTTEST thing alive, Himani luks as hip as Meenal or Antara, Nihira looks good and she doesnt need any other factor, her voice is so good it over shadows everything..

as for performance, they performed for songs that needed performance.. if people dont believe me, watch the punjabi pop episode.. the way hemu danced..HOLYYYY.. seriously only Panna has danced like that on II !!!

see how sad it is in II, the stress on 'connecting with audience' how can u open ur eyes for a tadap tadap or a hddcs !! absolutely ridiculous... when farah khan said that to meenal, i felt like givin her one slap.. wat is she talkin man.. lata ji closes her eyes for half the songs, does tat mean she doesnt connect to her audience ?!?!?!?

if audience cant 'connect' to that, then i am sorry to say, its a shame tat u dont appreciate music like tat !

if srgmp is bland, sometimes bland things are good for u.. and without blandness, the value of variety is not seen!!!

not puttin down II, i enjoy watching it thoroughly...but singing wise..its a total disappointment..barring karu n amey..meenal and antara..no1 on tat show is good enough to leave a mark !

and sana..stop calling them kids.. itne bhi chote nahin the.. i dont think u r that old from ur siggy =D !
sana.abraham Goldie
sana.abraham
sana.abraham

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 12:38am | IP Logged
LOL LOL i know their not...Embarrassed phir bhi...i didnt feel like thinking of another word.. LOL....and..im 20.. Confused Tongue LOL ...but yeah i look too young~!...hehe
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 12:54am | IP Logged
hehe its all gud.. i said kids once and so many people thought I was some auntyji.. but then I am 20 too !!!

so thats y i have decided to stop calling them kids, they r just hot :D !!
karunya_forever IF-Dazzler
karunya_forever
karunya_forever

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 12:54am | IP Logged
hey but shows shouldnt be compared with the others ,i have seen many topics saying the same thing.talent of sa re ga ma shouldnt be compared to the talent of indian idol because both are equally different shows.what if the voting format is same!!

Go to top