Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Quality Singers (Page 4)

Poll Question: please be honest, which show do you think has better quality singers

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [24.00%]
95 [76.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

rishimahajan Senior Member
rishimahajan
rishimahajan

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 7:27am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sana.abraham

just wondering...because i personally think..without any offence to anyone here...that sa re ga ma pa this year...had some of the best new singers..and many of them are singing for mainstream hindi films already...specially compared to the ones i've been watching on Indian Idol...i thought amey,karu and panna...were the ONLY good singers..on the show..whereas i found..they still didnt match up to the sa re ga ma pa contestants...when it came to some songs...again no offence...just wondering if everyone watches INDIAN IDOL..just because of the tag, label and hype behind it...or if you all really disagree and think that they have better quality singersSmile...hehe take care!

i agree

karunya_forever IF-Dazzler
karunya_forever
karunya_forever

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:19am | IP Logged
singing of TALENTED ones cannot be compared by us.we can only judge when we exactly know who is better,but sgmp have so many talented singers and ii2 as well,so we cant POSSIBLY compare TALENT of other show WITH THE TALENT of the another one....
Sunitha.V Senior Member
Sunitha.V
Sunitha.V

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 9:36am | IP Logged

SAREGAMAPA indeed. It had more number talented singers this year than other shows. That could be because of its legacy. I mean that show is existing for many years now and it has produced a few good playback singers already. So it has already delivered, whereas II is yet to prove. 

sana.abraham Goldie
sana.abraham
sana.abraham

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 11:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Geek

I agree with you Sana . The five finalists of SRGMP were a class better than Amey and Karunya who are the best on Indian idol .In fact people like Meenal and Antara (Meenal was better of the two but the other girl was hyped coz she was from a 'choti si gaav') are no where near Himani and Nihira.

very true...Himani and Nihira...were something...they were excellent..just beyond words....you cant compare them to Meenal and Antara...Meenal and Antara...can be compared to Rakhtima and Swananda...(no offence to fansEmbarrassed)..this is just how i feel...after hearing them over and over again...

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karunya_forever

singing of TALENTED ones cannot be compared by us.we can only judge when we exactly know who is better,but sgmp have so many talented singers and ii2 as well,so we cant POSSIBLY compare TALENT of other show WITH THE TALENT of the another one....

If that was the case, then public voting shouldnt be there only !!

The reason we are having public votes (assuming that they are fair) is to pick the voice we like, the voice we want to listen too.. so if they are giving that power, we have full right to judge.. and we really should..

however talented a singer might be, if there is no feeling attached to that song, it doesnt touch the audience..it might be technically perfect..but there is somethin missing.. and sometimes feelings in songs make such a difference..

who are we to comment about Rafi sahab's singing.. but then we do rite.. some of his songs are outstanding..and some just dont sound good enough... just because we rn't muscailly knowledgeable, doesnt mean we dont have a say..

they are singin to entertain us.. we can totally judge..

as for comparin the singers from the rival shows, the purpose of this poll (correct me if i am wrong sana), is to decide..who do u prefer listenin to..who do u prefer watching..do u think X factor matters more than S factor etc etc.. so its a good poll to analyse wat teh audience psyche is..

seein where teh poll is heading, most people seem to like SRGM because of its singing and II 2 because they haven't either seen SRGMP or because they feel that X factor matters more..  so we know that we have a mixed audience..so when we say that Amey didnt' get votes or Karunya didn't get enough vots.. maybe people dont want a singer who can sing classical stuff.. maybe they want a guy who luks cute...

see in SRGMP 05, There were bette singers than Debo (i am sure somewhere deep down, even Debo knows that).. but he still won..why..people felt he needed it more than vinit, hema, himani or nihira who were much younger still had a long way to go...

so wat do the audience see is a question this poll is targetting at..
kothra IF-Stunnerz
kothra
kothra

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
hi
indian idol n fame gurukul
huzi
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Barring Karunya, Amey and Meenal. II2 singers are miserable. Look at SRGMP now . The singers who were not even in the top 12 are better than the singers in II2 who made it to the top.

You cant even think of talking about the top 5 at SRGMP.
They are comparable only to some of the current play back singers already out there.

So, I could care less about how people look or if they can dance etc. These are singing competitions primarily and that's what they should be.

People who talk of II2 performance or looks are just validating their pt that their singing is mediocre.

Karunya must win to regain some class or status lost by the other two singers involved in the competition.
sonaahana Goldie
sonaahana
sonaahana

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
INDIAN IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to top