Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Quality Singers (Page 3)

Poll Question: please be honest, which show do you think has better quality singers

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [24.00%]
95 [76.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
SRGMP anyday!

Just wanted to add, when people say X Factor or something, what do you mean ?

I always thought X Factor meant three things

1) Looks
2) Performance Skills
3) Overall presentation

If these are what make X factor, the SRGMP finalists had it.. Vinit, Himani,Debo and Hema used to dance for songs that required to dance like in the club songs special or Punjabi pop or Qawalli.. Nihira moved when she sang..she performed the least, but her voice was so good that it didnt matter!! Barring Debo (he is married so not commentin about the 'HOT' factor), i thought the top 4 were pretty good lukin too.. Vinit was cute, Himani and Hemu were hot, Nihira had a sweet face.. and their overall presentation was always top notch..

Coming to other contestants, Twinkle and Paresh were reputed performerrs and they surely looked good..

My point is when peopl say tat SRGMP looks for Singing an d II for x factor.. i dont see the difference.. Amit sana danced as much as Hemu did.. but he is said to have X factor.. and Farah Khan making such an issue of people keeping eyes closed.. Amit Sana closed his eyes when he sang Woh Kisna Hain ! Soem songs you HAVE to close ur eyes to get the feel.. if the audience can't connect..its their loss !!

Saying this, II 1 had a lot of good singers whom I think would have done good on SRGMP too.. Prajakta and Amit Sana would be on whom I'd have my money on, they were almost perfect..

II 2, Meenal Amey and Karu are good SRGMP material..

Just my POV..no intention to hurt any1..

sapnokirani24 IF-Rockerz
sapnokirani24
sapnokirani24

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
compared to II2---i think srgm.... but in general all THREE shows..FG, II and SRGM all have great singers Clap Clap Clap
sana.abraham Goldie
sana.abraham
sana.abraham

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

SRGMP anyday!

1) Looks
2) Performance Skills
3) Overall presentation

If these are what make X factor, the SRGMP finalists had it.. Vinit, Himani,Debo and Hema used to dance for songs that required to dance like in the club songs special or Punjabi pop or Qawalli.. Nihira moved when she sang..she performed the least, but her voice was so good that it didnt matter!! Barring Debo (he is married so not commentin about the 'HOT' factor), i thought the top 4 were pretty good lukin too.. Vinit was cute, Himani and Hemu were hot, Nihira had a sweet face.. and their overall presentation was always top notch..

Coming to other contestants, Twinkle and Paresh were reputed performerrs and they surely looked good..

My point is when peopl say tat SRGMP looks for Singing an d II for x factor.. i dont see the difference.. Amit sana danced as much as Hemu did.. but he is said to have X factor.. and Farah Khan making such an issue of people keeping eyes closed.. Amit Sana closed his eyes when he sang Woh Kisna Hain ! Soem songs you HAVE to close ur eyes to get the feel.. if the audience can't connect..its their loss !!

Saying this, II 1 had a lot of good singers whom I think would have done good on SRGMP too.. Prajakta and Amit Sana would be on whom I'd have my money on, they were almost perfect..

Clapyou hit the right notes ...totally true

anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhavir108

SRGMP anyday!

1) Looks
2) Performance Skills
3) Overall presentation

Well said esp the part about x factor! Clap Clap

Farah makes such an huge issue about closing eyes, its really irritating. With songs like  tadap tadap, saathi re bhool na jaane, hddcs, getting the right feel while singing is important and if one has to close their eyes, don't see why it should be a problem. I think it helps them connect more. When Amey was singing tadap tadap, you could see the pain on his face esp when he closed his eyes. Isn't that what performance/x factor is all about- connecting w/your audience and making them react to the performance?

baby_gurl101 Goldie
baby_gurl101
baby_gurl101

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
i guess Indian idol..lol
suneal Groupbie
suneal
suneal

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
SA RE GA MA PA Smile
Cutelicious IF-Sizzlerz
Cutelicious