India-Forums

So, what’s up ol’ fellas?-Mumbai mirror

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:16pm | IP Logged

So, what's up ol' fellas?

Sapana Patil finds out what Masterji, Vrushbhaan, Sulochana and Satbir from Buniyaad are up to these days

Kanwaljeet, Krutika Desai

Alok Nath, Soni Razdan

Vijayendra Ghatge, Dalip Tahil

He played: Satbir

What does he do now?
He is currently working in Purab Paschim, a Doordarshan show and will also be seen in Manish Goswami's new serial Aisa Des Hai Mera. This show will see Goswami, Kanwaljeet and Lekh Tandon (the team behind Daraar) come together after a decade. He was Balaji's original choice for Mihir Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, but he threw up the chance since he does look down upon saas-bahu serials. Ironic as it may sound, he doesn't ever watch television… not out of choice but because he 'doesn't have time'. Some of his memorable appearances have been in serials like Saans, Family No. 1, and Saara Akaash.

She played: Mangla

What does she do now?
She plays the antagonist in Tumhari Disha and Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyaan. Buniyaad was her second television serial after Air-Hostess (which also featured Kitu Gidwani). She was India's first VJ (remember she hosted the music show Superhit Muqabla?) and also hosted a chat show, Manasi and a gameshow Metro Dhamaka. Her other memorable appearances were in serials like Chandrakanta and Zameen Aasman. Today she has changed with the times as have her roles. From Vrushbhan's daughter-in-law to a vamp, it has been a long journey. Desai is still in touch with Anjana Mumtaz and Kamaya Malhotra.

He played: Master Haveliram

What does he do now?

He is one of the few yesteryear actors active on the television circuit even to this day. His recent appearances have been in serials like Astitva: Ek Prem Kahani, Piya Ka Ghar and Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki. His career actually took off after Buniyaad. Ever since, he has been one of the most popular father figures both in television and on the big screen. However, he is appalled by the way the television industry functions today and feels that with the advent of satellite channels, serials have become like fast food. He says: "The subject of the serials is not chosen with care, audience's preferences are not taken care of."

She played: Sulochana

What does she do now?

She is currently finalising her latest production for a television channel. Like every other new face in Buniyaad, the serial made her famous. Ever since, she has worked in serials like Junoon and Aur Phir Ek Din (she even produced the latter) "Buniyaad was the best thing to happen to me. According to me it was the finest serials ever made. It is timeless!" She manages to catch the rerun of the show as and when she gets the time. "Even to this day people walk up to me and tell me that they remember my role. It is touching to see that in times of sensationalism, a serial like Buniyaad is remembered," she says.

He played: Vrushbhaan

What does he do now?

When he announced his decision to step into the television industry, his friends were a little doubtful of his career choice. After all, the industry wasn't as lucrative then as it is now. Presently he has no roles in any serial. His last appearance was in the ill-fated show Koh-i-noor. His only Balaji serial was Kanyadaan, which starred Kirron Kher and Jayati Bhatia. Now he has two film releases lined up: the Akshaye Khanna-starrer Shaadi Se Pehle and Salman Khan-starrer Marigold. He recollects: "Buniyaad got me a lot of accolades. And needless to say I am very proud of it." Ghatge is still single 'but not ready to mingle.'

He played: Master Haveliram's elder son

What does he do now?
He runs a theatre company called Theatrix and has a passion for singing. After Buniyaad, Dalip Tahil was seen in almost a hundred Hindi films. He has now moved to London and is currently acting in a film called Good Sharma. Not so long ago he appeared in the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Bombay Dreams which opened at London's West End. Previously, Tahil played the lead in an Indian adaptation of Lloyd Webber's Evita. His other critically acclaimed role was his lead in The Man Of La Mancha. His Bollywood career took off with the multi-starrer Shaan. But he hit the jackpot with Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak in 1988.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;articleid=32320062234357653232006223350718

Girl Senior Member
Girl
Girl

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 3:35am | IP Logged
thanx for the article
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
wow..thanks for sharing
anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 05 April 2006 at 7:07am | IP Logged
thanks
Tongue
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index