India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Guys question on the TRP issue!

GayuArnav IF-Sizzlerz
GayuArnav
GayuArnav

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
I heard that TRPs are based on how many people are watching the show at 8pm. Is that right? And will the trps increase if we watch star plus online? Cause i watch the serial on star plus live! Please just wanna know about it. After all its IPKKND ka izzat ke sawal hai!

Edited by GayuArnav - 14 December 2011 at 9:00am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nainac01Ishrafan11srijaaa127JennyAvni

Tish_Ani IF-Sizzlerz
Tish_Ani
Tish_Ani

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Yes, it's true. Maybe you should watch it more on tv 
No, trp depends on many things-fan following, buzz, popularity, the no. of people watching a show on that time slot more than any other show,etc.
this is nt only determined by tv bt also on other sites, like indiaforums, youtube,etc... n ya also net.
But try to watch it on tv the most-dats d foundation of trp ratings...sbs rates on dat basis n therefore ipkknd hs gone abackCryCry

Edited by luvipkknd - 14 December 2011 at 9:04am
GayuArnav IF-Sizzlerz
GayuArnav
GayuArnav

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiehardBarunFan

Originally posted by luvipkknd

Yes, it's true.
No, trp depends on many things-fan following, buzz, popularity, the no. of people watching a show on that time slot more than any other show,etc.
this is nt only determined by tv bt also on other sites, like indiaforums, youtube,etc... n ya also net
No no ..trps of a show is the television ratings.As in the no.of viewers of that show on that channel.So you have to watch it on TV and only people living in India can contribute to the TRPs,It has nothing do with online fan following or IF.Otherwise IPK would ahve been the no.1 show not SNS LOL

Oh thanks for the info guys! Smile I hope IPKKND tops the TRP chart soon! 

Edited by GayuArnav - 14 December 2011 at 9:12am
JennyAvni IF-Rockerz
JennyAvni
JennyAvni

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:17am | IP Logged
i think only the TV ka ratings are taken...i watch online coz in US it airs very late and i cant wait for tht long but i make it a point to watch on TV in the night...
JennyAvni IF-Rockerz
JennyAvni
JennyAvni

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JennyAvni

i think only the TV ka ratings are taken...i watch online coz in US it airs very late and i cant wait for tht long but i make it a point to watch on TV in the night...

Oh is it...i thought even if we watch it on TV here in US it counts as TRP's...
Oh gosh...there are many fans outside india...if even they can count them the TRP's wil reach a much higher position...wish they count others too who watch on TV outside india...
CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:35am | IP Logged
only the viewers watching through a TV will be counted for TRPs.
Thers are slight differences in TRPs, Tvrs and GEC ratings because each parameter has different ways of meassuring it. the Tam peoplemeater system is used in all the catogories.
But it all comes to , you have to watch it on your TV.
And only the viewers in India contribute to it. So people living in India, please try to watch it from your Television set and not through online! Wink
surenkal Goldie
surenkal
surenkal

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiehardBarunFan

Originally posted by luvipkknd

Yes, it's true.
this is nt only determined by tv bt also on other sites, like indiaforums, youtube,etc... n ya also net
No no ..trps of a show is the television ratings.As in the no.of viewers of that show on that channel.So you have to watch it on TV and only people living in India can contribute to the TRPs,It has nothing do with online fan following or IF.Otherwise IPK would ahve been the no.1 show not SNS LOL

TRP stands for Television rating points. It is a survey like situation carried out by independant agencies. TRP's for only the 8pm slot which is IPKKND slot count.. so if u see it at 11.30pm it does not add to trp pool. also, only people living in India are counted in this
luv_arhi Senior Member
luv_arhi
luv_arhi

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
c i don understand hw dis is being done
i mean hw can they know whether v r watching it or not?
shudnt they b taking the no. of comments and hw active this forum is  etc...
i mean dont they understand there r so many ppl hu watch online and B4 8:30???
pls let me know if u hv any clue  hw they cum 2 know whether the  T.V. is kept on during that tym!!!!
AMS

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top