Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: ms04

Suresh wadkar has one of the best voice. He has the same simplicity in his voice that mukesh had or KJ Yesudas owns.
Almost everyone forgot...Huzoor is kadar bhi na itra ke chaliye...very good song with bhupendra.
One more thing:
what is up with some people...without even reading the title of the post (leave the first post)....start asking weird questions and comments...example of couple of those, in this thread, somebody said. who is sureshji.
and another thread on LP...one person said kitna sara likha hai..
What kind of contructive comment is that...
🤢 🤢 🤢
another thing I noticed that almost all of these people have a characteristic avatar resembling a particular saregamapa contestant or the login name is a variation of that contestant.
😆 😆 😆

Ye unka nahin, unki baali umar ka dosh hai 😃

mudabid thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
😆 😆 😆 Edited by mudabid - 18 years ago
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ye dekh kar khushi huee ki itney log khush huey! Surprisingly, said members are avoiding this post - guess it's not Gibraltaring enough!
mudabid thumbnail

Originally posted by: serialbuff

Ye dekh kar khushi huee ki itney log khush huey! Surprisingly, said members are avoiding this post - guess it's not Gibraltaring enough!

😆😆

Edited by mudabid - 18 years ago
ms04 thumbnail

Originally posted by: serialbuff

Kaash...woh loag bhi aaj humaare beech hote...😆
why god why....😆😆
musicpulse thumbnail
Thanks for posting this article. How can you even mention his name along with Sabbir Kumar and Kumar Sanu? 🤢 🤢 🤢
If you really want to understand his abilities, you have to listen to the songs he has sung for Pt. Hridaynath Mangeshkar. Simply brilliant. Original voice and own style, based on good classical training. We Maharashtrians are lucky to have heard him in so many marvellous Marathi songs. 😊
musicpulse thumbnail
just to quote one example....dayaghana..ka tutle chimane gharate...urlo bandi asa me... 👏 👏 👏
luvmusic thumbnail
wonderful...thanks a lot for all the info..one of the voices which relaxes u n takes u to a trans.....
Suresh ji is so so good...he never got his due commercially...it was so grt to know tht he runs a music school in gurukul pattern n has also scholarship system for students who have talent but cannot afford(Amey Date told in an interview about his scholarship)

He plans to make it a bigger school waiting for a big land to be granted by govt.In a recent news channel I caught up Nana Patekar promising him to get the land he needs...lets just hope the gurukul (not fame gurukul) concept comes back to India....

Thanks for the post again...
kishore_bhakta thumbnail
good thing a reply was posted recently, otherwise I would've forgotton about this post!

I would definitely not limit him to semi-classicals as I have heard his beyond semi-classicals before like the song "Jaadugar Ka Jaadu" (picturized on Amitabh in Toofan), "Mujhko Dekhoge Jahan Tak" (Ram Teri Ganga Maili), Bawre Ne Khilaya Phool (Prem Rog) and if I really put my mind to it, I would be able to think of many more. I'll admit that he didn't get as many songs as he was typecasted as a semi-classical singer. Last time I heard SWji was in Garv.

Has anyone noticed in the movie "Prahar" (1991), that before the actual movie starts, there is a Ganesa vandana in the beginning. I must give credit to that composer who composed that, because the way the shloka sounded, the first few notes made think "Bhairava", in the middle, changing the ma to tivra totally changed the mood to "Puriya Dhanasri", and then when he made his finish, it sounded like a really well composed raga of the Marwa Thaat (touching the shuddha, not komal, dha in the mandra saptak). I think he did great in that recording. 👏
batkoor thumbnail
A big thanks to everyone for respoding to this post and remembering Suresh Wadkar, whose original voice has been lost among the cacophony of some not so good new singers. musicpulse ji, where can we listen to his marathi songs. I have never heard his marathi songs and would love to hear them.

KBji, thanks for responding to my question. No I have not heard the Ganesh Vandana in PRAHAAR. I remember seeing the movie though. I will try to get hold of the movie again.
Thanks again.

sunanda