India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

Ekta and Rape

ionia Senior Member
ionia
ionia

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:54am | IP Logged

I know guys that something like this has been vaguely talked about before, but I still think Ekta glorifies rape in her serials. I have recently started watching the earlier episodes of KTH. I heard the lead in that show Rajeev left KTH because his character Sujal was suppose to rape his sister-in-law Charu inorder to take revenge on his wife. This is illogical because Sujal despite his flaws is suppose to be a positive character. Afterall, he is the hero of KTH.

That's what I don't get rape is a heinous act. But in her serials, Ekta shows perfectly decent ppl commiting it, just to prove a point. In kzk, Sharad is a pure pervert but UD, who is supporting him, will turn into prem sooner or later and start respecting woman. In Kutumb, Pratham tried to rape Gauri but still he was shown to be a decent man. This is sending the wrong signal to society. Only the lowest and the sickest ppl can commit rape. They never learn to respect women.There are some sins that are unforgivable and rape is one of them.

Ekta, however, uses rape as a tool to stretch her serials and to introduce "shades" in her perfectly decent characters.I find this act of hers sick and especially when she is suppose to be a woman.

I also think in some ways she is desensitizing ppl against rape. Rape is a heinous act but in all her serials one person or the other is getting raped. If she can't find original story lines than she should end them. Look at KTH, it was a gr8 show at first but now it sucks. Some shows of hers should have ended a long time back.

Lemme know what u guys think?

tulip Senior Member
tulip
tulip

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
In Koi Dil Mein Hai, Ijaz Khan's character- a bad guy- rapes the heroine. Later on he undergoes a change of heart and suddenly there was lovestory of this rapist and the rape victim. I was so turned off by the whole thing. There were girls who were crazy for that guy.
That's the saddest part..you have girls going ga ga over Prem and Ijaz Khan (forgot name of character) and you have topics like "Main Prem ki Diwani hu".
When girls themselves support rapist characters, Ekta is bound to think that rapists are popular. Prem himself tried to gangrape mukti with that guy Karan. But Bajaj reached there in time and udi-karan were just too much scared in front of Bajaj. Now udi is supporting the rapist. But still you have people saying "poor udi" blah blah blah. I think we should blame the audience , not Ekta.
robin987d Newbie
robin987d
robin987d

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:17pm | IP Logged

I very much agree with u.
But someone needs to convey this to Ekta.

You are quite correct.

Also in Sas bhi Bahu thi.
all the Veerani - boys were involved with
their current bhabis at one pt of time or the other.

Quite sick mentality ....
She wants to make money ... by sugar coating negative elements

EKTA YOU ARE SO MEAN AND SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Robin Bhai
gusse mein
LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

I totally agree with you!! But I hope people don't take her serials too seriously!! I hope people don't get desensitized against something as heinous as Rape!!
ionia Senior Member
ionia
ionia

Yeah, Tulip, in some ways u r right. It is us, who forgives rapists....Thats a sad fact. Confused
tulip Senior Member
tulip
tulip

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
There are people who love udi..because he is anurag-prerna's son..and they want him to be a good boy..and they don't care about his bad behaviour till date..they justify it saying "Oh that is because aparna taught him all the wrong stuff." But these same people will say "Punish sharad. He cheated on anurag's daughter. He raped mukti!" I mean..hello...??? Even Sharad's parents are bad like aparna. So even he should get the same sympathy as prem..both r nice guys ruined by bad upbringing??? But NO- Ekta and her viewers will have different rules for Prem and Sharad.

Actually, Ekta did show Ansh as a villian in Kyunki. But in KZK she is showing udi as a hero, when actually he is as bad as Ansh.
ionia Senior Member
ionia
ionia

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by tulip

There are people who love udi..because he is anurag-prerna's son..and they want him to be a good boy..and they don't care about his bad behaviour till date..they justify it saying "Oh that is because aparna taught him all the wrong stuff." But these same people will say "Punish sharad. He cheated on anurag's daughter. He raped mukti!" I mean..hello...??? Even Sharad's parents are bad like aparna. So even he should get the same sympathy as prem..both r nice guys ruined by bad upbringing??? But NO- Ekta and her viewers will have different rules for Prem and Sharad.

Actually, Ekta did show Ansh as a villian in Kyunki. But in KZK she is showing udi as a hero, when actually he is as bad as Ansh.

I agree with u for the most part Tulip. But its really the way the character of UD/Prem is sketched. The serial shows that there is some good in him. As prem, he is really good...he rebuilt Prem1s samadi, he defended Sneha infront of her in-laws, he was incredibly sweet to Mukti.I guarantee u that in about 6 months time, may b less, u will see Prem do incredibly heroic acts.

Thats my problem with Ekta, what Prem did was inexcusable. I don't care who he was raised by, it was his choice and it is his fault. In real life, ppl can never take U-turns like that. Those who are evil are usually evil. But here I bet UDs gonna change.

Sharad on the other hand is going to be even more evil.

Its just not right showing rapists or those supporting rapists to be decent ppl when they are nothing but perverts who deserve to rot in hell. Thats y I have an issue with Ekta

--Pinky-- IF-Sizzlerz
--Pinky--
--Pinky--

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Ionia agree with u.

She shows rape, illegitimate children, extra marital affairs etc. as they are routine things in a persons life, and just to fill in the time she drags and drags the track for months and months.

In KZK both Prems were born out of wedlock, so was Tanisha.

I agree if Ekta does not have a sustainable story she should end it on a happy note.

Go to top